A blue screen of Death problem...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fury..

Alot lately when im just doing stuff on my computer it will freeze and a blue screen saying something about kernel memory will pop up. i have no clue wut is wrong with it. can a pro please help me..thnx.

A Blue Screen of Death indicates a serious hardware or software problem. Go to System Properties -> Advanced-> Startup and Recovory Setting.

Uncheck Auto restart, and select Small memory dump and apply the settings. When a bsod happens, zip at least 4 minidumps from C:\Windows\Minidump, and post 'em here.

how do i do a minidump...BSOD just happened trying to install a game in my :d\ drive so it might be that harddrive.

i wrote down the things from the BSOD

Kernel_Stack_Inpage_Error

***STOP: 0x00000077(0xc0000185,0xc0000185,0c00000000,0x0088a00)

Beginning dump of physical memory.

please give detailed info on how to fix this because im a noob at this stuff.

A minidump is made when a bsod happens so someone can can analyse the problem.
Read my above post, and uncheck "Auto restart" and select "small minidump" from the list. Apply the settings, and next time Windows will make a minidump in C:\Windows\Minidump, when it crashes. After that, zip up a few and post them here.

when i go to find the file its not there.. and i have those things checked off. when i bring up the advanced settings it says

small dump directory %systemroot%/minidump...so wuts this?

The file will not be made until another bsod happens.
%systemroot% is the same as C:\Windows.

Your settings should look like this:

Attachments

• settings.JPG
    settings.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 26
a BSOD just happened and i got to :C\windows\minidump.....but theres no such file....where else could it be?

Still, the best solution of fixing BSOD is full system reformat (unless of course its a hardware problem). If you open up your cpu, perhaps you can see the problem yourself. If you want to reformat, check the link in my thread.

Regards,

Korrupt

i think it might be my second HD in the /:d drive. how would i figure if it was actually this that was causing the trouble/

Try temporarily removing the second hard drive. I dunno why no minidumps are being made :\. Post a screenshot of your settings so I can be 100% sure. :)

altheman said:
A Blue Screen of Death indicates a serious hardware or software problem. Go to System Properties -> Advanced-> Startup and Recovory Setting.

Uncheck Auto restart, and select Small memory dump and apply the settings. When a bsod happens, zip at least 4 minidumps from C:\Windows\Minidump, and post 'em here.
If you followed Altheman's instructions you should have minidumps.

and i cant seem to find my minidump files....wut kind of file is it? is it an exe type file that doesnt open? cause i found a file named... dumpchk, and dumpecam in my second harddrive.

fury.. said:
and i cant seem to find my minidump files....wut kind of file is it? is it an exe type file that doesnt open? cause i found a file named... dumpchk, and dumpecam in my second harddrive.
it's a "dmp" file, named like "Mini071106-01.dmp". u can find it in "C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

nzrock said:
i got same problem, here r my 4 minidumps...

Your crashes are caused by ptserial.sys. I only found two things that the file is part of, either a modem or mouse. Try uninstalling your modem if you have one and see if a reinstallation of the device fixes the problem.

its really weird that i cant find minidump folder in C drive. wdf is wrong with it...and yes i did the steps for it to log the minidump once a BSOD happens.

fastco said:
Your crashes are caused by ptserial.sys. I only found two things that the file is part of, either a modem or mouse. Try uninstalling your modem if you have one and see if a reinstallation of the device fixes the problem.

ok ty for the help....but....how do i reinstall a boardband modem o.o?
n how can u reinstall a mouse -.- does that mean i gota buy a new mouse?? ^^ thanks alot mate

fury.. said:
its really weird that i cant find minidump folder in C drive. wdf is wrong with it...and yes i did the steps for it to log the minidump once a BSOD happens.
mayb u should reinstall windows? or reformat.....but that's up to u....

I'm not talking about the broadband modem. If you have a 56K in your computer and you don't use it, uninstall and remove it that is the driver that is causng problems. SOme mice come with drivers like scoll mice. Reinstall the drivers. If you go into the control panel, system, hardware, device manager and right click mouse you will see an option to update the driver. Uninstall it first then just restart the computer and let Windows install it. If it needs special drivers then install them.

kernel inpage errors

hi there,I've seen that people having the same kernel inpage error as I do.my sytem is new,running on xp pro sp 2.I have no viruses and I also run a few ram dignostics to ensure my ram is ok.I keep getting the kernel inpage bsod no matter what during a huge lot of variable activities. I have kept the numbers that refers to my problem according to the bsod.it seems that's an 0x00000077 error with different versions.I got
0x00000077 (0xc0000185,0xc0000185,0x00000000,0x002f3000)
0x00000077 (0xc0000185,0xc0000185,0x00000000,0x03d81000)
0x00000077 (0xc0000185,0xc0000185,0x00000000,0x052da000).
I also did what altheman said in order to get minidumps but I only got one,even though I had more than one bsod.I post it anyway...
please help it drives me mad cause I cannot find the source of the problem.
thnx

if this helps my system is an Am2 socket athlon xp 3500+,667 kingston ram 1gb,geforce 7600gt pci-e msi,asus m2n32-sli deluxe wifi,wes.dig 320 sata and a nec-35.something recorder.

I just got another bsod while playing heroes of might and magic 5!f..k I lost three or more weeks in the game...
0x00000077 (0xc0000185,0xc0000185,0x00000000,0x04c94000)
I didn't get any more minidumps I don't know why.do I have to erase the only one that it was created?I have a suggestion.is there any chance that this error is a result of a conflict with daemon tools 4.0.3?I remember while installing them that I got a message,pretty much,saying that "if you plan to use any kernel debugger do not install daemon tools".I don't know what a kernel debugger might be but it seems that they have to do something with kernel memory.

Attachments

• Mini071706-01.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 17
File wanarp.sys is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers is causing the problems. The file is a Windows core system file. Run sfc.exe /scannow from the start, run box and see if that finds the error. If not try replacing it manually from the XP cd.

Can any one help me with my contant BSOD and kernel_stack_inpage_error

The pc was running fine on thurs and i havent installed anything new or done anything different but it is constantly blue screening and doing the physical memory dumps on me.

I have run chkdsk, virus scanned, restored back to 1st July but nothing is sorting it out - i haev a feeling it is somehow connected to outlook as it happens mostly when using it.

I dont have one of the mini dumps in c:windows/minidump - dont have that folder however i have scribbled down a few of the error codes when it has done it.

0 x 0000007A
0 x C03DD480
0 X C000000F
0 X F7520384
0 X 0C4FB860

please help - this is driving me mad!! Been trying to sort it since 10am last night until 4am and then again from 9am until now.

I also need advice written in very basic terms as i am not a pc expert at all.

Thankyou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back