Possible hardware problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexterity

so recently my computer crashed and didn't turn on, so i changed the psu,
next thing i know i have a problem with my explorer which was unresolved so i decide to reformat, well i haven't yet but~

im sending data to another computer so i can send it back after i reformat....then all of a sudden the screen turns black. The computer is still on but the music i have shuts off and my keys are unresponsive, such as if i press caps lock, the light on the keyboard for caps lock will not go on

this happens at random times after i boot the computer, 5-20 minutes after the boot up...i'm convinced it's a hardware related issue

i don't think it's my psu, it's brand new...the one i had beforehand was only 2 months old anyway and i'm thinking it burned out cause what happened with the previous psu was at any time, the computer would restart or shut down, if it shut down i would have to wait 5-10 minutes to reboot it because if i tried to boot it too soon, the machine would turn on but nothing would come up
this applies to now too, when the screen turns black i have to hold the power button, then wait 5-10 minutes before starting back up again...
if it was my video card, i would still be able to do things with my keyboard, just not see it right? but the whole computer is unresponsive.......help? OH oh and my system is clean of any viruses or whatever, i just need to fix it to get enough time to send the rest of my data to the other computer so i can reformat, there's a problem with my explorer which i won't get into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back