Having some big problems (sudden restarts etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizarre

Hi.
This problem started when my old (better) computer broke. Now this new comp is having sudden restarts, bsods and so on.. it happens usually when i play something (like warrock or flatout2..) but sometimes the computer freezes when doing nothing.

My computer specs: in signature

Hopefully someone can help me.

Hmm.. computer just gave me C000021a (fatal system error). I've also got those common bsods like driver_irql_not_less_or_equal or irq(l)_not_less_or_equal (or atleast they are common for me).

p.s. hope you understand my text... my english isn't the best...

25 views, but no replys?

I have tried to get this thing work like half an year or so. I've reinstalled windows couple times, changed mobo, graphics card, processor, RAM... (I havent changed PSU, or hard disk.) But still it doesn't work.

If you have some ideas how to get this comp. to work, please reply.

51 views, but no replys?

Could someone even try to help me? I've attached my newest minidump.
Just say if you need more information (minidumps etc.)

After a quick look at the minidump

your system crashes out at kmixer.sys

kmixer.sys is the kernel audio mixer of Windows, so it is most likely a problem with the sound card. I would try to find updated drivers from the manufactuer's site and Windows Update.

I see you dont list a soundcard in your specs so I assume its an onboard model and as you have reinstalled it may be a faulty sound chip.

You also have errors with Win32.sys and this can be caused by bad memory, check your ram with memtest86+ as win32errors can be caused by faulty ram.

Regards

Thanks for both of you.
Zerop: How do I test those capasitors? And my motherboard is new (like 1 month old) so if those capasitors are broke, I can go and change it :)

Ididmyc600: Yes the soundcard is onboard. I also thought it was the memory, so I changed it too, but with no effect... (I'll test memory today. 7 passes? or more? maybe it's not memory, but memory slots on motherboard..)

I'm using nvidias newest drivers (newest nforce) on motherboard.
btw. the onboard soundcard is C-media AC97.

Blizarre said:
Zerop: How do I test those capasitors? And my motherboard is new (like 1 month old) so if those capasitors are broke, I can go and change it :)

Well, if it's only one month old, it's unlikely that capacitors are the cause. Open up your case, check your motherboard out. The capacitors are the tall, cylindrical ones. If they have a rusty-brown substance on top or underneath them, as described in this article, then you have bad capacitors.

Memtest runned 19 passes, and no errors, so memory are okay.
Zerop: Ok. I know what is capasitor, I just asked how I can see when it leaking :p

Check the mobo manufacture's website for any updated Chipset driver packages. Hopefully there's something new to update AC97 driver.

What are your CPU temps and what make is the PSU? How many amps on the 12Volt output? You can read the amps off the PSU label, see my sig for an example of a PSU label (that unit has 28Amps on the 12V rail). See the links in my sig for further ideas and problems with frequent BSODs. Use the link in the BSOD thread to calculate your PSU wattage needs.

Cheers

My computer temps (idle):
mobo: 35
cpu: 43
gpu: 43
hard drive (SAMSUNG SP1213N): 37
temps never had got over 50...

amps:
+5V 30A
+12V 10A
-5V 0.5A
-12V 0.8A
+3.3V 14A
+5 VSB 3A
(old psu :p)

I'll look those links thats in your sig.

EDIT: hmm... that psu calculator says, that I need a 323W psu.. And mine is 300W. That may cause those problems?

Yeah that psu has good price.. but does neweqq ship to finland??

Edit: looked neweqqs FAQ... "Newegg.com does not currently ship internationally; we only deliver to locations within the United States and to Puerto Rico."

There is probably no need to start a new thread about this problem, but I'll respond here anyway, and maybe a mod can move it.

One of the newer minidumps crashes with:
BugCheck 100000D1, {5bd50003, 2, 1, 8219401a}
Probably caused by : nvatabus.sys ( nvatabus+d763 )

The other newer one is also BugCheck 100000D1, {bb40, a, 0, bb40}

The nvatabus.sys file is part of that nForce chipset drivers.
I fear something went terribly wrong with your driver installing. What with the audio driver crashing, as well as the nForce.
But I have to go now and can't diag further till tonight. See what you can try about drivers.

Sorry about that new thread.

So.. I download new nforce and audio drivers, uninstall drivers I'm now using and install those new downloaded drivers?

Pretty much, ya.

But be doubly sure that you are downloading the right set. Not that there is a lot of sets to the nForce driver, but still. At least try it. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back