How about this for a gaming rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt_Subtext

Okay heres the new and improved variation thanks to your suggestions....

Case: Antec Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Top Mounter 200mm Tri Cool Exhaust / 2x 120mm Tri Cool Front Fans / Top Mounter I/O :.

PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850W PSU

Mobo: Asus Striker Extreme 680i 775

CPU: Intel Conroe Core™ 2 Extreme X6800 2x 2.93 4Mb 1066 MHz LGA775 BX80557X6800

Ram: Corsair TwinX 2GB XMS2 Dominator DDR2 PC6400 with Airflow Fan

Cooling: Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II GH-WIU02 Liquid Cooling System Kit (Will Purchase GPU Addons when available)

Graphics: XFX Geforce 8800GTX 768MB PCI-E

HD: WD 150Gb Raptor SATA 10k/150/16Mb Gaming Edition * 2 In RAID0

Optical: Philips PB1660 16x DL DVD-RW Black

Floppy: Mitsumi Floppy + Card Reader Black

Total inc Vat: £2,761.74 ($5,466.57 For you Yanks, $6,258.41 Canadian, I generally love Canadians... Its there Queen aswell, only the good canadians not those stupid French Canadians.... who in the right minds wakes up one morning and says right I want to be French??? STUPID STUPID STUPID - Al Murrey.... The Landlord :D)

Some good choices there but am curious as to why you recomended a lesser CPU? My understanding of these things isnt what it once was.... care to explain? :)

Raid0

I would buy two of those HDDs and put em in RADI0.

Big boost in loading times on games, and large files etc.

Alex.

Mirob said:
If money is no object the Asus Striker Extreme is the mobo of choice.

Wow that board is **** hot! Thanks for pointing that out to me :)

gamingguy27 said:
I would buy two of those HDDs and put em in RADI0.

Big boost in loading times on games, and large files etc.

Alex.

See I wasnt quite sure what the benefits of RAID0 actually where. I thought the boost would come simply enough for having one of those HDD's as they are wickedly quick. Is the performance gain for having 2 in Raid0 justifiable for the cost?

Damn that mobo is really good, If I ever get real rich i'll buy that :haha:

And for the 2 HDDs in a Raid0 form would really boost your gaming experienced because if you get 2 7200RPM ( cheaper ones ) that is
2x7200 = 14400 which is really good :)

Because ive found a great company that will allow me to build it myself, offer a finance option of buy now pay in 9 months, are cheaper than most online retailers and have a great one year warranty that can be extended if the need be and all parts are covered by extended or lifetime garuntee's by the manufacturers! :)

Ahh ok :D

Well newegg is the coolest because they ship in like 2-3 days and BAM! you can build a awesome computer then be Headshoting all the people in BF2142 :)

I cant wait to get this new system of mine, im sure things will keep changing between now and Febuary but when I get her running like the nuke toting psycho she is going to be we shall meet for some online noob beating! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back