Random restarts in Win XP SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarno

I have problems with random restarts in Windows XP SP2. Sometimes (once or twice a week) there is random restart without BSOD, system simply restarts without. After restart I get information "System has recovered from a serious error".
It is on new PC with Intel E6600, MB Asus P5W DH, 2GB RAM, Seagate 7200.10 320 GB, VGA MSI X1600 XT and the problems last from october.
I went through Memtest without problems, checkdisk without problems, there were just some bad indexes on disk. I made BIOS update but problems are still here.
There are some minidumps files from last crashes in attachment, please could anyone go through these files? I would like to know where is the problem.

Thank you so much.

jarno said:
I have problems with random restarts in Windows XP SP2. Sometimes (once or twice a week) there is random restart without BSOD, system simply restarts without. After restart I get information "System has recovered from a serious error".
It is on new PC with Intel E6600, MB Asus P5W DH, 2GB RAM, Seagate 7200.10 320 GB, VGA MSI X1600 XT and the problems last from october.
I went through Memtest without problems, checkdisk without problems, there were just some bad indexes on disk. I made BIOS update but problems are still here.
There are some minidumps files from last crashes in thread https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic68429.html, please could anyone go through these files? I would like to know where is the problem.

Thank you so much.

Post your minidumps in the Security section... your system may be infected with malware or viruses. I can read minidumps, but I'm not an expert. I'm learning...

Tmagic650 said:
Post your minidumps in the Security section... your system may be infected with malware or viruses

Thank you, but I am quite sure that it is not my problem, because I use NOD32 and Ad-Aware.

Don't be too sure yet... I work on a lot of so-called protected systems that were severly infected. Your minidumps are pointing to infection

Tmagic650 said:
Don't be too sure yet... I work on a lot of so-called protected systems that were severly infected. Your minidumps are pointing to infection

OK, I hope it is some kind of infection instead of some hardware problem. My topic is now also in 'Security and the Web' section.

Hi Jarno,

According to your debug report, one minidump has one bit memory corruption and one minidump is crashed with bugcheck code 4E. Two minidumps are crashed at PQV2i.sys (ie GHOST).

Suggestion
1. Maybe the memory slot is bad. Reseat the ram to another memory slot.
2. Check the ram specification and BIOS setting. Does it support dual channel mode? If yes, disable the dual channel mode.
3. Upgdate your GHOST to latest version.
4. Run virus scan and make sure your windows does not have virus or spyware.

Debug report
Mini011607-01.dmp BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bf80496e, a7767578, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!HmgDecrementShareReferenceCount+f )

Mini011607-02.dmp BugCheck 4E, {99, 29431, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!vFreeKernelSection+37 ) <-- Faulty ram or bad memory slot

Mini011707-01.dmp BugCheck 1000008E, {c000001d, f779051c, a760998c, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption <-- One bit memory corruption

Mini011707-02.dmp BugCheck 1000000A, {10, 2, 0, 80524fed}
Probably caused by : PQV2i.sys ( PQV2i+7998 )

Mini012507-01.dmp BugCheck DE, {2, e1407f70, e1407f00, 7f8708c6}
Probably caused by : PQV2i.sys ( PQV2i+7998 )

Thank you, I removed GHOST from my system. After that I had another restart. In attachment is another minidump file from today's crash.
Cpc2004, could you make analyse of the file for me, please?
So it seems to be bad memory, am I right?

Your latest minidump has crashed by one bit memory corruption. Have you reseat the memory module to another another memory slot?

cpc2004 said:
Your latest minidump has crashed by one bit memory corruption. Have you reseat the memory module to another another memory slot?

Not yet. Do you think it could help?

Hi Jarno,

Why do you think I give the suggestion to you couldn't help? A lot of cases reaset memory resolve the blue screen problem. Anyway it is your decision to reseat the memory or not.

jarno said:
Not yet. Do you think it could help?

cpc2004 said:
Hi Jarno,

Why do you think I give the suggestion to you couldn't help? A lot of cases reaset memory resolve the blue screen problem. Anyway it is your decision to reseat the memory or not.

Thank you. I interchanged memory modules (they are still in yellow positions), but in few hours there was another sytem restart. There is another dump file in attachment from this accident.

Do you think it could help to give memory modules to black positions? Or should I try to give one module to yellow and other one to black position?

Thank you.

edit: After posting this message I had no icons on the desktop, just text (picture in attachment - error.jpg). So I had to restart the system.
Are you able to read from the dmp file that the cause of these problems could be graphics card?

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 5
There has one bit memory corruption at win32.sys at your latest minidump. Open a question at Microsoft if you want to confirm whether it is graphical card memory, ram or L2 cache memory problem.

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -d !win32k
!chkimg -lo 50 -d !win32k
bf8b8534 - win32k!xxxProcessKeyEvent+e0

[ 91:d1 ]
1 error : !win32k (bf8b8534)

MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption
MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: ONE_BIT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT
BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT

Followup: memory_corruption