Problem with display, Tecra S1

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodlez55555

Hi everyone and thanks again with helping my hard drive. Okay now the problem is with the display T.T;; I keep seeing hundreds of vertical lines across my screen flickering with random colors and it's not a software problem because when I start my laptop, the colors are all messed up and the dos mode backgroud at start is all red instead of black. This happened yesterday while playing a game on my computer. I can still use the computer fine but these annoying flickering lines are everywhere. =( Thanks again.

Edit: Okay so I tested out my laptop if it was the LCD problem but it's not. I plugged my laptop to my other desktop monitor and still had the same problem and tried the same thing with the tv and still the same problem. The lines are very thin and the screen looks like it kind of crashed of some sort but the images are somewhat clear.

It should be the VGA card defect instead. I suggest you to update your VGA driver (if possible) and reset any settings to default (including in BIOS).

May i know your system specs? I can't just see tecra S1 as there's lot of type in that series :)

I'm pretty much a noob so you'll have to help me out here. How do you update your VGA driver? Thanks again.

Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180
Memory (RAM): 512 MB
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1700MHz
CPU Speed: 1693.3 MHz
Sound card: SoundMAX Digital Audio
Display Adapters: MOBILITY RADEON 9000 | MOBILITY RADEON 9000 | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768 - 16 bit
:
Network Adapters: Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection - Packet Scheduler Miniport
CD / DVD Drives: D: TEAC DW-224E
:
COM Ports: COM3 | COM1
LPT Ports: LPT1
Mouse: 3 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 55.9GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 49.2GB
USB Controllers: 4 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
:
Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
Product Make: TECRA S1
:
AC Power Status: OnLine
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
Battery: High
Motherboard: TOSHIBA Portable PC
Modem: TOSHIBA Software Modem

Edit: Okay so I formatted my computer and reinstalled windows xp but no help >.<;; Any suggestions?

Display problem

I am sorry for posting again about the same topic but the vertical lines that's flickering on my laptop screen is getting to me. I have a Tecra S1 laptop (1.7 processor speed, 60 gb, 518 RAM) and there are these very thin vertical lines flickering with random colors. I tried connecting my laptop to my desktop monitor and the tv and still the same problem so it's not a problem with my lcd. When I start my windows, the lines start showing up and when the screen is suppose to be black it's red on dos-mode. Please help and thank you in advance. The graphic is Mobility Radeon 9000.

Threads merged.

I know it`s frustrating, but please try and be patient. Techspot has been down for the last two hours or so.

Due to that, there`s not a lot of active members around at the moment.

I`m sure, you will get some more replies. A: when more members are around and B: when someone has something to add that might help you.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back