ctrl+shift+delete not workin

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby123

When I click them 3 task manager used to come up. However it never does anymore and if the pc freezes I need to restart it all instead of using task manager.

Hi,

Have you tried reading the sticky What to do about Task Manager problems? Try out the advice there and see if it helps.

That said, more often that not, such problems arise due to a malware infection on your system.
I would recommend you visit the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. These are a comprehensive mix of steps to remove common malware, as well as provide us logs of your system to look at so we can further remove any tricky nasties.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed by the moderators.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of bobby123 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I did a search for it first and there was a help thing related to taskmanager but no taskmanager. Then I put cd in and put some commands into run. I ran the searh again and now it doesnt even find the search thing which previously came up.

please give me feedback.

Attachments

• techspot analysis.txt
    12.2 KB · Views: 10
Hi,

Your log looks clean. However, fix the O17 entry if you do not recognise the domain to be from your ISP.

Ah and yes, please try zipperman's suggestion lol.

Regards,
Your friendly Momok =)

This thread is for the use of bobby123 only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I have no idea about isp thing. As for crtl/alt and delete that is the one I am doing with no task manager showing up :(, is there another way to load it bar using the ctrl and alt etc.

You press ctrl+shift+esc to get the Task Manager directly without the shutdown dialog.

From looking at your HJT log, I can see your system is infected with malware. This is what is causing your task manager problems. It also appears you`re not running any antivirus or firewall software. You should install some ASAP.

First, do the following.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - Global Startup: svchost.exe

O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: - bestreak - (no file)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\svchost.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of bobby123 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thanks man I was sure there was some rubbish in there but momok didnt spot any. Btw howard for the windows explorer bit should I do that now or after being in safe mode?

momok is usually very good at analysing HJT logs, even though he hasn`t been doing it for long. He obviously just missed those entries, which can happen quite easily. I sometimes miss things myself too. ;)

This thread is for the use of bobby123 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Yor welcome i guess

bobby123 said:
I have no idea about isp thing. As for crtl/alt and delete that is the one I am doing with no task manager showing up :(, is there another way to load it bar using the ctrl and alt etc.

Why not edit your Topic title.?
=================================
Why are you so anxious to view Windows Task Manager ?
There might be another way for this information.
Has Ctrl/Alt/Delete worked in the past ?
:confused:

Howard is sorting it out. Btw howard I have just been doing avg scan and its found some virus called worm/generic.ajw

Your logfiles are clean. However, you didn`t post an Avg Antispyware log as requested. Run an AVG Antispyware scan and attach the log if it finds anything. I take it the AVG Antirootkit programme didn`t find anything?

techspot.jpg

Am I doing it right?

That`s a screenshot of your AVG antivirus programme. Have it fix all problems found and empty the virus vault when done.

Then, run the AVG Antipyware programme, which is a completely different programme from the AVG antivirus programme and post the logfile.

It checks for rootkit infections, which most other antispyware/antivirus programmes wouldn`t find. Rootkit infections are usually hidden and therefore are very difficult to find via conventional means.

I am just finsihing of the avg anti spyware scan and then will post the report. My pc has frozen a lot today.

No problem, don`t forget to let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Hey man Can you have a look at this hijackthis scan again. My pc is working rather slow since I perfomred actions u told me on first page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back