Can't reinstall vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spank_1973

Over The weeken my pc decide that it dosent want to boot up (gets past the screen when the bar of light moves left to right, then hangs). This had be occuring for a few times before when rebooting the PC, but hitting the reset switch fixed this
Tried to reinstall Vista & get the following error code/

stop: 0X0000007E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005 0XFFFFF800985E251 0XFFFFF98000A05B98 0FFFFF90000A05570)

Any help is greatly appreaciated

Can you boot to the XP installation CD? I presume so, I would go into Recovery Console and run a chkdsk /r to fix an problems with the file system. Repost if you still are having a problem.

I don't have an XP disk, only Vista.

I tried to change the boot disk to CD (Vista DVD) & it gave the the error message then.

My mistake, I meant the Vista installation CD (actually it's a DVD for Vista!!)

So this means you cannot boot to the Vista installation DVD? If you can't then you have a MoBo problem! If you can boot to the Vista DVD, try an "upgrade" re-installation (was a "repair" installation in XP)

Well I can get it to boot, if I leave it for about 1/2 an hour (some1 suggest it could be a missing or corrupted driver & to leave it).
Before it happend I installed updates for Clone & ANYDVD, will try a system restore.

Spank_1973 said:
Well I can get it to boot, if I leave it for about 1/2 an hour (some1 suggest it could be a missing or corrupted driver & to leave it).
Before it happend I installed updates for Clone & ANYDVD, will try a system restore.

There's your problem! If something happens immediately following an installation or upgrade, it's a safe bet that's what caused it!

If system restore fails or doesn't solve it, then uninstall the program/update and perform a repair installation.

Like I said, I switched it on, went for a ciggy & washed the dishes, came back after 1/2 a hour & it had booted up. Now it just boots up normally.

That means some temporary settings were messed up and letting it boot for awhile, Windows managed to correct the incorrect settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back