Windows Vista the audio service is not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

ap77

i have windows vista Ultimate. i have no sound coz of Windows Audio Service won't start ( even its automatic or manually).

and Sound card: Realtek High Definition Audio have latest driver instaled running fine on Device Manger. (This device is working properly.)

but on Sevices>>> Windows Audio Service i can't start/run windows Audio. Windows Audio Endpoint Buidler is running fine.

i have tried following 2 method but still not working
1)
windows Audio >> Properties >> logon tab >> i have check on "Local system Account"
but when i try to start i get follwoing error
Windows couldnot start the Windows Audio Service on Local computer.
Error 1079: the account specified for the service is diffrent from the account specified for other service running in the same process.
2)
windows Audio >> Properties >> logon tab >> i have check on this account "Local Services"
but when i try to start i get follwoing error
Windows couldnot start the Windows Audio Service on Local computer.
Error 1297: Aprevilege that the service require to function properly doesnot exist in the service account configuration. you may use the services microsoft management console (mmc) snap-in (services.msc) and the local security settings mmc snap-in (secpol.msc) to view the service configuration and the account configuration.

please help thanks

here is event log error message. when i try run/start Audio Service on Services please help.

The Windows Audio service failed to start due to the following error:

The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process.

System

- Provider

[ Name] Service Control Manager
[ Guid] {555908D1-A6D7-4695-8E1E-26931D2012F4}
[ EventSourceName] Service Control Manager

- EventID 7000

[ Qualifiers] 49152

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2007-09-04T00:11:23.000Z

EventRecordID 9309

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0
[ ThreadID] 0

Channel System

Computer LH-MESBNJ61IVSC

Security

- EventData

param1 Windows Audio
param2 %%1079

thanks CC but that didn't help at all. i have install both 1 at a time but still Windows Audio Service won't start.

thx james. i have tried that again.
Windows Audio EndBuilder is running fine on services.
replacing the Audio Services file? how do i do this? what file do i need replace? do i need to do this on safe mode?

james thanks for u r kind help. that's only options i have i think reinstalled windows vista again.

Hi ,

The vista AUdio services fail on 2 instances, one is that the service needs depenendeices that are off, go to service tab , then dependenices and chekc what all it lists, make sure that all of them are Started and on AUtomatic .
Go to Event viewer there go to system , check what all services errors you see., start alll the services that are causing errors, I am sure you will have issues starting some of the services.
Try doing a system restore. it works well in VISTA
Incase system restore does not work , just run a vista repair . Use the DVD , but skkip the drive options to format , all your data will be there in the windows.old folder under C drive
/just need to install the softwares . Thats the good thing about VISTA , you wont lose any personal information

Before you run a repair , Try creating a new user account and check if that helps, that worked once for us .There was some thing causing corruption in the user account ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back