Machine_check_exception Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I am having my first major problem with my PC in 7 years. Recently, I started getting the dreaded Blue Screen errors. This problem occurs randomly. I thought at first that I may have a corrupt systemf file, so I reformatted my HD and started from scratch. Still the same outcome.

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

Stop: 0x0000009c (0x00000000,0x8054D570,0xB2000000,0x1040080F)

I have read several of the threads here concerning this problem and I am unsure of where I need to start. I haven't made any changes to my hardware recently. I have checked all of my cooling fans and they appear to be working fine, I even installed an additional cooling fan to be sure that it wasn't a thermal issue.
I have tried removing my RAM and switching it between banks. I have ran the CPU with both sticks and with individual sticks. Any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

SYSTEM INFO:

Pentium 4 1.7 GHz
768 RAM (DDR266)
Windows XP

Anything else that I can get you to help solve my prob,let me know and I will be more than happyto get it.

I ran SIW and here is what it gave me, I hope that this is what you need. I believe that the mfg is MOTHERBOARD.

Model P4M266-8233
Chipset Vendor VIA Technologies Inc
Chipset Model VT8751 ProSavageDDR P4M266 System Controller
South Bridge VT8233A PCI to ISA Bridge
SMBus VIA Technologies Inc VT8233A PCI to ISA Bridge @0500h

CPU Intel Pentium 4
Cpu Socket Socket 478 [Socket 423]
Processor Upgrade ZIF Socket

System Slots 4 PCI, 1 AGP

Memory Summary
Location System board or motherboard
Maximum Capacity 768 MBytes
Memory Slots 3
Error Correction None
Use System memory
Maximum Memory Module Size 32 MBytes

Thanks for all the help, I believe that I have figured out the problem. I belive that I have a bad mbo and specifically one of the dimm slots. I also have (1) stick of RAM that is bad probably caused by the mbo probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back