CCleaner removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing it to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more storage space. CCleaner also comes with a registry scanner that scans for invalid references (advanced users).
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer Cache, History, Cookies, Index.dat.
- Recycle Bin, Temporary files and Log files.
- Recently opened URLs and files.
- Third-party application temp files and recent file lists (MRUs).
- Including: Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
- Advanced Registry scanner and cleaner to remove unused and old entries.
- Including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... Backup for registry clean.
- Windows Startup tool.
Duplicate File Finder
You may not realize how many duplicate files are stored on your computer, taking up valuable hard drive space. CCleaner now includes a duplicate file finder tool, which can quickly find these files, and allow you to choose which ones to delete – freeing up more space on your PC than ever before!
System and Browser Monitoring
If you’re a CCleaner Professional user, you can now set CCleaner to run every time you shut down your browser, or you can set it to monitor your entire system in the background and detect when to Clean based on disk space that can be saved!
- Removed Font Cache cleaning temporarily while we resolve an incompatibility with the Windows 10 April Update
- Added preference to select the level of detail on the Cleaning Results screen
- Added new Privacy menu
Important fix for Chrome
- Fixed a critical issue where very long float values were saved in scientific format, causing the Chrome profile to be lost
- Fixed a critical issue where systems using non-standard decimal separators caused data to be stored incorrectly, causing the Chrome profile to be lost
If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
- Internet Explorer: Fixed a bug where cleaning Temporary Internet Files left some files behind
- IE/Edge: Enhanced cleaning of YouTube viewing history (thanks alhazred for reporting this!)
- Search terms are now highlighted in the results list
- Where appropriate, CCleaner Free may recommend improvements to your system’s antivirus protection
- Fixed an issue where localized text was overlapping in the Professional Edition installer
Apps similar to CCleaner (Crap Cleaner)
Free up disk space by deleting junk files that are no longer used.
Clean your computer of unwanted junk that constantly slows your entire system down.
KCleaner is designed to be the most efficient Hard Disk cleaner to give you all the resources you may need.