Instantly access to your favorite games
We have thousands of games from Action to Indie and everything in-between. Enjoy exclusive deals, automatic game updates and other great perks.
Join the Steam Community
Meet new people, join game groups, form clans, chat in-game and more! With over 100 million potential friends (or enemies), the fun never stops.
Create and Share Content
Gift your friends, trade items, and even create new content for games in the Steam Workshop. Help shape the future of your favorite games.
Automatic game updates
Hunting for patches and downloading from unorganized web sites is so twentieth-century. On Steam, your games stay up-to-date by themselves. No hassles.
Whether you’re on a PC, Mac, Linux box, mobile device, or even your television, you can enjoy the benefits of Steam. Take the fun with you.
Available on PC, Mac, and Linux
We offer a catalog of PC, Mac, and Linux games, many of which support Steam Play so you can buy once and play anywhere, and Cross-Platform Multiplayer so you can play with all your friends, no matter where they log in
- Android version updated to 2.3.8
A new Steam client has been released and will be automatically downloaded.
- Fixed friends chat and other UI being visible when authorizing an in-game mictransaction
New Steam Chat
- Unread messages or active voice chats will now update your Steam tray/taskbar icons to indicate these states
- When displaying a Steam store link in a chat window, extra information about the game, such as screenshots, video and price, are now displayed in the chat history
- Significantly improved performance and decreased memory usage for HTML based UI (Store, Community, etc) in the main Steam desktop window
- Added the ability to change controller type in the “Define Layout” screen. This only affects the glyphs and configurations recommended for the device and the limits of whatever low-level API the controller is read through still apply. For example if a PS4 controller is currently treated as an Xbox controller because of a driver or non-Steam Input remapping software presenting the device over Xinput reclassifying it to a PS4 controller will only correct the glyphs and the gyro/trackpad will not work.
- Fixed an issue with devices with digital triggers and buttons bound to trigger outputs
- Added Steam Input per-game settings to the desktop client’s game properties page.
- Streaming from Mac OS X Mojave is currently disabled
Big Picture Mode
- Added the new chat functionality to Big Picture Mode. If you’re using a custom Big Picture Mode controller configuration please update to the new recommended configuration under Settings->Base Configurations->Big Picture Mode. Hit X/Square to browse configurations and apply the recommended configuration.
- Added "Invite to Game" action to Big Picture chat
- Chat scaling is now done automatically based on whether Big Picture is running on a large monitor (>40" diagonal) or running in VR with the option to override regular and VR scaling settings individually
- Default chat controller bindings for Steam Controller/Xbox are:
- Left Trackpad/Stick: Scroll the UI, press to show/hide the friends list
- Long press of joystick/D-pad press:
- Up: Invite currently selected chat friend to game
- Down: Close the current chat tab
- Left/Right: Switch between chat tabs
- Right Trackpad/Stick: Mouse cursor, press to show/hide the on-screen keyboard
- X: Accept game invite from friend
- Y: Start/end voice chat
- B: Exit chat panel
- A: Select item under cursor
- Start: Submit entered text
- Back: Open emoticon list
- Left Bumper: Switch to web browser
- Right Bumper: Return to main menu
- Left Trigger: Open context menu under cursor
- Right Trigger: Click/double click at cursor
- The VR overlay keyboard is now opened when the Show Keyboard button is activated
- Added a Back button to the left of the Show Keyboard button that shows while running in VR
On Windows, Xbox controllers not present in our current USB VID/PID Whitelist will now be detected as Xbox controllers and will fall back to using the “Xbox Configuration Support” checkbox instead of “Generic Gamepad Support”. The list of officially support Xbox and PS4 controllers can be found here on our support website. If you have a controller that is missing from this list please report it in the Steam Controller bug reports forum.
Download Origin to play anywhere, challenge friends, explore exciting new games, and stay connected to the Origin community.
Uplay is Ubisoft's PC games portal, where you can find all their games.
An utility to manage your Steam game libraries and backups with ease of use.