0x0000000A and 0x0000008e

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerverus

Hello Guys,

I'm having random BSOD's with this mainly these 2 error codes, sometimes is the ending in "A", and sometimes ending with 8e, I run memtest86 and I dont detect a problem with my RAM.
My video card is Nvidia FX-5500 si I also run 2 tests on this card:
1.-Video Card stability tests
2.-Checkit (Graphics and Video) tests

I also run chkdsk /r and sfc but with no luck

I'm attaching my minidumps to see if one of you can PLEASE help me interpretating so i can see whats the problem.
I also follow a post that i found describing a possible error with "pe386"
I run Norton and Avira but nothing too

Please help :)
Thanks

Download Prime95. Select Options > Torture Test > Small FFTs > ok. Monitor the CPU temp at the same time and post back what it reaches. Also, do you have one or two sticks of RAM?

maximun 32 Celsius

peterdiva said:
Download Prime95. Select Options > Torture Test > Small FFTs > ok. Monitor the CPU temp at the same time and post back what it reaches. Also, do you have one or two sticks of RAM?

Hello Petervida!,
thanks for your tip, my temperature reaches 32Celisus as the maximun temperature, the message tha5t i have wafter the test finish is:
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4995117188
Expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected consult stress.txt file

What does this means?

more info & new BSOD error code 0X0000007E

peterdiva said:

I forgot to answer about the memory, i have 2 identical sticks of memory (Kingston) and I bought them at the same time in Kingston to be sure they were identical, also I dont read any error while i run memtest86 on them.
thanks in advance for your time and help.
My Video card is Nvidia FX-5500, CPU 3.4 Pent D, runing on WinXP Pro, with all the available patches
I received a new error code as 0x0000007E

Looks like you have a CPU problem. Drop the frequency of the CPU by changing the multiplier (in the BIOS) down a notch, e.g. 10x to 9x. Run Prime95 again and see how far it gets. If you get an error then drop the multiplier down another notch. If it becomes stable at some point then you'll know the problem is most likely with the CPU.

I'll try your suggestion Petervida

peterdiva said:
Looks like you have a CPU problem. Drop the frequency of the CPU by changing the multiplier (in the BIOS) down a notch, e.g. 10x to 9x. Run Prime95 again and see how far it gets. If you get an error then drop the multiplier down another notch. If it becomes stable at some point then you'll know the problem is most likely with the CPU.

Ok and thanks a lot !!, you think that the processor could be deffective ?

I'll do what you just told me and see whats happens, I'm planning to leave the PC working for a few days to be sure about the stability and I'll come back with my feedback and comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back