0x0000000A Stop Error: Comodo firewall to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For at least the past six months I've been getting a lot of BSoD's, always with the error code 0x0000000A (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL), and similar parameters to the poster of https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic80768.html, except my parameters 2 and 4 are different (mine are 0x00000002 and 0x804f8e2a respectively).

Like the poster of that topic, I have Comodo firewall installed and have run memtest86 without any errors. I've also tried updating my video drivers, turning off my paging file and replacing the heatsink and fan on my CPU, but the BSoD's persisted.

Are my BSoD's also being caused by Comodo firewall, or is some other process to blame? I've attached a few minidumps, and hope someone can help me fix this, as it's been bothering me for a long time.

All three are crashed by Comodo Firewall. You're getting exactly the same error as this THREAD. One thing you both have in common is the same version of Avast AV.

BugCheck 1000000A, {16, 2, 0, 804f8e2a}
Probably caused by : cmdmon.sys ( cmdmon+7e2 )
Image name: cmdmon.sys Timestamp: Sun Jan 28 21:03:29 2007 (45BC9111)

Maybe avast is not compatable with Comodo.I have uninstalled comodo we will see if it stops the BCOD

I had the same problem with sygate and avast.It could be avast.As avast is the only program that is on both machines doing the same thing.

My suspicions are confirmed! Thanks very much, you have no idea how much you're helping me. :D

Also, perhaps you could share a bit of your know-how: How did you determine the exact process responsible? In my quest to fix the problem I downloaded the MS Windows XP Resource Kit, ran dumpchk.exe on the minidumps, and tried to match the memory address to a driver using pstat.exe, but I didn't really know what I was doing (was trying to piece something together from a few MS KB articles). Care to enlighten me?

I think it would be a great service if you would contact Avast and let them know of this conflict. Users of Comodo would also be thankful I am sure! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back