0x0000007E While trying to install Windows 7 on new build

tjocknacke

Hello!

As the title says I keep on getting BSOD with the code:

0x0000007e (0xffffffff80000003, 0xfffff800102195c8, 0xfffff880009a8508, 0xfffff880009a7c30)

when I try to install Windows 7 x64 on my new build with the following specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 EVO
RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4 GB DDR3 1600MHZ)
GPU: Radeon HD5450
PSU: Corsair TX 650W
BIOS version: 1502

What happens is that when I choose to boot from the installation disk the screen says "Windows is loading files" while the loading bar progresses until it has been filled up twice. Then it says "Starting windows" only showing the microsoft trademark name in the bottom of the screen for about 3-5 seconds. This is where the BSOD pops up and gives me all of these advices of what to do.

I have used the built in MemOK! function aswell as the BIOS memory check without any problems.
Trying to start up in safemode and those other functions does no difference, same BSOD shows up after the "starting windows" screen.

My disk is completely new so if some old file on it is causing the problem I would be amazed.

This is where my computer knowledge ends and I don't really know what to do next, any ideas?

Thanks

I have a Corsair Force Series 3 60GB SSD on which I will install the OS and a Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB. None of them ever used before. =/

Just tried having only the 1TB plugged in and same thing happens. Same BSOD code at the same time as before. So I tried doing the opposite, only SSD plugged in with the same result. Anything else I can try?

In the advanced options menu>SATA Configuration, the "SATA Mode" is set to AHCI Mode, Not IDE Mode. Which should it be set on?

I set it to IDE and rebooted. Bluescreens at the same place as before, only difference is that it all took longer to load. Do you think the drives could be broken in some way? Is there anything else I could try?

You need to boot from the Windows install disc and start a fresh install of Windows. Is that what you are doing?

Yes that is what I am doing. The Boot order is SATA DVD/CD reader>SSD DISK>HDD.

The BIOS also has the option to boot the DVD/CD in UEFI mode, which results in the exact same thing as before.

Q: What is UEFI?
A: UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) will be a specification detailing an interface that helps hand off control of the system for the pre-boot environment (i.e.: after the system is powered on, but before the operating system starts) to an operating system, such as Windows* or Linux*. UEFI will provide a clean interface between operating systems and platform firmware at boot time, and will support an architecture-independent mechanism for initializing add-in cards...

I don't think you need this

I set it to IDE and rebooted. Bluescreens at the same place as before, only difference is that it all took longer to load. Do you think the drives could be broken in some way? Is there anything else I could try?

The drives are all SATA right? Including the CD/DVD's?

No, I definatly do not need UEFI at this moment. Thanks for informing me about it, I guess I should have looked it up.

Anyway, I am not using that and my problem still presists, BSOD with the previously posted error code during startup. What could be causing this? I have tried booting with just one of my memory, in different slots, and repeated the process with the other memory. Still get the 0x0000007E. What else can I do?

Problem solved, something was wrong with the OS disc, so I got myself a new one and now everything works. Stupid mistake by me. Thanks for trying to help me!

Back