0x0000008e Stop Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dercoss

I've got a pc here running xp home with sp2 that keeps crashing and giving the 0x0000008e. I have found that these sort of errors point to either memory faults or driver/hardware issues.

I've swapped the ram without success. I've also unistalled the dial up modem but the crashing is getting so bad that I'm not able to do much else.

I've attached a recent minidump file taken before I removed the dial up modem. If anybody can find anything of much use I would appreciate it..

dc

Analysis of new memory dump..

I've used the debugging tools for windows and have created a debuglog.txt file. Does the info help at all in diagnosing my 0x000008e stop error?

dc

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    13.2 KB · Views: 7
Dump Files

Do you want them analysed in the debuglog.txt style or just the raw data in the minidump file?

dc

More Minidumps..

I've zipped up the latest debuglog.txt file. I had just carried out a repair installation of xp but it hasn't made any difference..

dc

Attachments

• debuglog.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 7
Looks like a video error. Make sure that you have the latest driver for your video card. Make sure that the fan on your video card is working (the card could be overheating). If you still continue getting the problem, try another video card. You could use an old one or borrow one from someone just to test.

I decided to cut my losses and wipe the disk. That cured the problem. However, thanks for the effort in helping pin point the problem for me.

Could you tell me how you analyse the debuglog.txt file and isolated the graphics as the likely problem?

dc

But is there anything to point at that in the minidump? I haven't been able to find out anything at all as to how you go about analysing these dumps..

dc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back