0x0000009c Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanling3

0x0000009c BSOD please help

My computer is newly built. When I play Warcraft3 and Guild Wars, Blue screen with code STOP:0X0000009C (0X00000004,0X80546FF0,0XB2000000,0X00070F0F) appeared for many times.

Config:
CPU: A64 3200+
MB: GIGABYTE GA-K8N51GMF-9
RAM:Samsung 512mb DDR400, Kingston 512mb DDR400
Display:Winfast 6600GT
PSU:Enermax 420w
Sound: Sound Blaster Live!

No Overclock
All drivers updated
Windows XP SP2 was newly installed

After reboot, I went to BIOS immediately, CPU's temperature was about 40.
When I was playing, I checked the temperature of display, it was about 45.
So it doesn't look like the problem of overheat.

I'd also checked the RAM, the following cases also suffered:
1.Samsung + Kingston with DUAL channel
2.Samsung + Kingston with Single channel
3.Samsung alone
4.Kingston alone
So it doesn't look like the problem of RAM

I've checked the post "Before posting your minidumps, please read this.", still have no idea and don't know how to understand the minidump files.
Anyone can help?
Thanks a lot!!

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    91.4 KB · Views: 26
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at ntkrnlpa.exe. This is a Windows nt kernel file. All have a bugcheck of 9C.

Try uninstalling Zonealarm, as it is known to cause problems on some systems/configurations.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at ntkrnlpa.exe. This is a Windows nt kernel file. All have a bugcheck of 9C.

Try uninstalling Zonealarm, as it is known to cause problems on some systems/configurations.

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
Thanks for your reply!
What can I do if I still want to use Zonealarm?
Can format and reinstall Windows help?
Thanks!

howard_hopkinso said:
If uninstalling Zonealarm stops your system from crashing. Use a different firewall, such as the free Kerio firewall.

http://www.sunbelt-software.com/Kerio.cfm.

If uninstalling Zonealarm doesn`t stop the crashes, then in all likelyhood you have a hardware problem.

Regards Howard :)
Crashing still continues even I uninstalled Zonealarm....
The attachment is the latest dump file
Any idea of which hardware contains problems?
Thanks!

Attachments

• Mini012606-01.zip
    20.3 KB · Views: 5
Your latest minidump crashes with exectly the same problem, and bugcheck.

Check you mobo for bulging, or leaking capacitors. See HERE for further info.

Check that you psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Disconnect anything not required to run your system.

Unfortunately your miniumps don`t say what the problem hardware is.

howard_hopkinso said:
Your latest minidump crashes with exectly the same problem, and bugcheck.

Check you mobo for bulging, or leaking capacitors. See HERE for further info.

Check that you psu is putting out enough power for your system.

Disconnect anything not required to run your system.

Unfortunately your miniumps don`t say what the problem hardware is.

The capacitors look okay.
And I've used Speedfan for testing.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 24
According to your Speedfan pic. Your 12v rail of your psu is only at 8.82v.

If that is correct, your psu is not as it should be.

Download the free Everest programme from HERE

Run the programme, and click on the large computer icon in the righthand pane. Then click on the sensor icon in the righthand pane.

Tell us what it says your psu voltages are.

howard_hopkinso said:
According to your Speedfan pic. Your the 12v rail of your psu is only at 8.82v.

If that is correct, your psu is not as it should be.

Download the free Everest programme from HERE

Run the programme, and click on the large computer icon in the righthand pane. Then click on the sensor icon in the righthand pane.

Tell us what it says your psu voltages are.

Here is the result.
Thanks a lot!!!

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 34
That looks fine.

I don`t know why Speedfan would report your 12v rail like that.

As for other ideas. I`m afraid it really is a case of swapping/testing parts untill you find the culprit.

speedfan is one buggy program. I have even a 48 volt reading which should be 12V. If that was true i would have a burned down house *lol*. I have already contacted the author of the program. He knew of the false voltage readings. It will be fixed in future releases.

If you have an Manufacturer X board, please use the tools this manufacturer X provides to monitor critical system values.

xero said:
speedfan is one buggy program. I have even a 48 volt reading which should be 12V. If that was true i would have a burned down house *lol*. I have already contacted the author of the program. He knew of the false voltage readings. It will be fixed in future releases.

If you have an Manufacturer X board, please use the tools this manufacturer X provides to monitor critical system values.

Thanks for the heads-up xero.

Today I've tried to format my HardDisk, and I only installed LAN card driver, Display card driver and Guild Wars.
For the first 4 hours, it worked fine. Then I tried to install onboard sound card driver, winrar, realplayer, flashget and ICQ.
Then crashing appeared again within 5 mins.
I don't know if it is related to above softwares, or just probability.
Here is the latest dump file.

Attachments

• Mini012706-01.zip
    20.5 KB · Views: 5
Your latest dump crashes at nv4_mini.sys. Vidiocard drive. It has a bugcheck of 9C.

Run your system with just the psu/mobo/harddrive/1 stick of ram/cpu/graphics card.

If your system still crashes, then it has to be one of the above components that is faulty.

If your system then becomes stable. Start adding your other hardware one piece at a time, and testing, untill you find the culprit.

howard_hopkinso said:
Your latest dump crashes at nv4_mini.sys. Vidiocard drive. It has a bugcheck of 9C.

Run your system with just the psu/mobo/harddrive/1 stick of ram/cpu/graphics card.

If your system still crashes, then it has to be one of the above components that is faulty.

If your system then becomes stable. Start adding your other hardware one piece at a time, and testing, untill you find the culprit.

This time the place of crashing is different from the past?
If it is a hardware problem, I think the motherboard and display card have the highest chance.
In fact, my PC now only has "psu/mobo/harddrive/1 stick of ram/cpu/graphics card" + 1 more ram + CD-ROM connected
Thanks!

You should deffinitely run your system with just one stick of ram. If it still crashes, try the other stick of ram.

Try using a different dimm slot.

howard_hopkinso said:
You should deffinitely run your system with just one stick of ram. If it still crashes, try the other stick of ram.

Try using a different dimm slot.

I've already tested this a few days ago:
1.Samsung + Kingston with DUAL channel
2.Samsung + Kingston with Single channel
3.Samsung alone
4.Kingston alone

All crash

Thanks for your reply

I've removed 6600GT and use onboard display.
No crashing for 12 hours when I was running Guild Wars.
I'm now thinking about 6600GT or the components related to PCI-E slot on the motherboard.
Any ideas?
Thanks!!!

I've Had Alot of Crashes involving 9c MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION on my old system,

the smallest things can cause it,

is Bad connector on USB device, Bad Seatinf of an Expansion card.

If you pulled your Video Card and it stopped then its either the video cards seating, the card itself the drivers or the BIOS settings (Ie its set to boot onboard primary and all that crap stuff )

SkateZilla said:
I've Had Alot of Crashes involving 9c MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION on my old system,

the smallest things can cause it,

is Bad connector on USB device, Bad Seatinf of an Expansion card.

If you pulled your Video Card and it stopped then its either the video cards seating, the card itself the drivers or the BIOS settings (Ie its set to boot onboard primary and all that crap stuff )
My board is set to "Enable if No Ext PEG" (another option is Always Enable) for Onboard GPU, and "PEG" for Init Display.
One thing I would like to ask, my board is set to 64M for Frame Buffer Size (default value), I'm not sure if this setting is okay and related.
Thanks!

alas, I am having similar problems.

First I had STOP UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME, which was a super annoying issue because it constantly restarted and only flashed up on the screen for a few miliseconds (no exaggeration). SO I reinstalled windoze. NOW I'm getting MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION 9c, which STOPed my game i was testing my newly installed system on (wwiionline) and crashed every 30 min with same error, MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION. Currently setup is ABIT NF8, 6600GT, 2x 500mb ram, seagate 160GB barracuda HD. The entire system was working fine for about 1 - 1.5 years. Till now. I have no way to find out which part is screwed up. ATM I can't even get windoze to boot it freezes at some NVIDA logo somtimes right before windoze starts, and sometimes it boots right up into XP. I thought it was my HD failing BC of the origional error unmountable_boot_volume, but now i wonder if It could be my ABIT mobo (which at the time I was told was best, allthough the mobo link smellllsfunny). or it could even be my GT 6600!!! Or my mobo could be blowing up so it could be screwing up all these components as we speak!!? Help what should I DO, to find the source, and fix it?

on a side note i am hearing a weird small beeping sound, which i believe was discribed ealier in these posts as a distress becon of the mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back