0x000000f4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been getting this BSOD for months now and I can no longer tolerate and I have been unsuccessful in finding the cause.

It happens whenever I am playing a game, the computer hangs ... then goes into a blue screen while the sounds in the game loop like a broken record.

The error code is always the same ...

0x000000f4 (0x00000003, 0x8978FA30, 0x08978FBA4, 0x805D11F8)

I have ran chkdsk with no problems, I ran a 3d benchmark program with no problems. The only other point to mention is that after the computer pops the first blue sceen of the night, a 2nd one will follow with 5-10 minutes of the first blue screen. After 2 errors, I will be BSOD free the rest of the nights gaming session. My recovery settings allow for a manual reboot only after a blue screen , there have been no dmp files created whenever this happens.

Thanks, I am not sure where to start.

-G

Hey welcome to Techspot! :wave:

Have you Googled this at all? I did a little and it seems that it may be related to a bad IDE or a drive that is not seated properly.

Ok so I swapped the SATA cable, and swapped the dimms with each other ... loaded windows ... and popped a BSOD .. .starting with a new error this 0x0000007A

rookie move ... i introduced a new variable ... crap !

Leason #1: Only change and retest one thing at a time. This way you don't
compound issues and end up with "which change created the new symptom"

Loaded a new bios that was available, and changed my DvDROM to slave in my bios and so far so good. But it was definately not the memory, I ran a memtest for 24hours after the new bios and no errors were reported.

It could have been that the new bios made the memory and mobo place nice ... tough to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back