10 CD-R Drives plz help w/custom build

Status
Not open for further replies.

duma

I am designing a pc for a friend that will be used for medium level mass production of music(legal! he made the music) and i am unaware of weather or not this will encounter problems.

will somebody suggest the easist and fastest(production not build) way to do this while maintaining a ~$700 cost

We need a more complete description of what you would like to do, as well as what equipment you have so far.

Are you wanting to build a multiple disc recording machine? I see the '10 CD drives' headline which leads me to believe that you want to run 10 CD-Rom players/recorders. It sounds like he is a musician (I suffer from the same affliction)...or he is a music producer. If he wants multiple CD recording he needs to buy one of those CD duplicating devices. More than $700.

Or - build a PC round a motherboard with multiple SATA drive ports and maybe add a SATA card for the extras. Cheaper option perhaps if this is what he wants to do.

SATA isnt realy a choice (sadly) because the price difference between IDE and sata is very significant

yes he is a musician btw

At this point the best choice appears to be to use 2 EIDE controller cards and use those to controll 8 drives and the motherboard to controll 2 more.

It seems that it will be nesscary to use Liquid cooling for the procesor because the air flow in the case is going to be terrible. Nothing expensive just something to move heat outside of the case.

Can someone recomend a linux distro that plays well with nero?

i'd agree with the multi cd burning towers. By the time you've set it up, its more of a better investment to buy something specificaly made for it.

One main reason that support this in my point of view:
it is possible to have more than one burner on your pc (connection regardless) however i think nero only burns to one at a time. So therefore, you'd need to open 5 instances of nero or find a software that supports multiple drives at one time. (well, i can't seem to find out how to setup nero to do more than one drive..)

is this for a demo cd or their own independent release? if its for demo, you might as well do it the normal and simple way. Half of those cds (according to one of my tutors) don't make it past opeining the mailbag.

random product off the net: http://www.proactionmedia.com/proddetail.asp?prod=LG52x/ProActCD
1 read 10 writer = $569

now thats going to bug me I don't remember what software I use to burn to 2 or more disc's at once
I have 3 dvd burners in my machine now
2 ide and 1 sata
I am sure you can get a cheap system like a 5 card pci use 4 of them for ide addons
that give you 8 drives right there use the 2nd connect on board for the last 2
should be about 10.00 a pci card you may find 2 connector cards for a little more
main box and card 200 +20.00 a optical drive
Warning will be slow
newer system 8 port sata controller about
500.00 the main machine 300 10 sata dvd drive well you get the picture

PS I picked dvd drives your better off

Although I've never used the feature, I'm sure that Nero (I have version 6 at work) has an option to record to more to than one optical drive at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back