100% CPU usage -the same old problem but a little weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello to anybody who responds,
I am really anxious to solve this problem. The thing is after I reboot my laptop( usually after hibernating, so not really a reboot) the laptop runs quite fast and I can play videos normally. Also, the CPU usage is about 3 or 4% only. But after a lapse of four or five minutes, the computer becomes way slow and the CPU usage become 100% and when I try to play videos, they are so slow that I see images instead of a video.
I have tried scanning for viruses, spyware etc. nothing really seemed to help.
I know this is an age old issue and there are a lot of forums regarding it but my case is a bit different. So, I would appreciate if anybody would like to help me.
Thanks beforehand.

Hello and welcome to TechSpot :wave: ! Click ctrl + alt + del and then go to the processes tab of the Task Manager. Look at the bottom and look for a number of processes that you have (I.E. Processes: 32). Tell us this number :) .

thanks for the help but I tried turning off the automatic upadates and it didn't help. I could use something else.
The number of processes is 30. also, most of the CPU is consumed by taskmg.exe when I open the taskmanager and when I open the process explorer, most of the CPU is consumed by process explorer. Seems like the program I open takes up all of the memory.
Thanks again.

Your system is infected with the Mydoom.ab Worm amongst others.

I have therefore moved your thread to our Security and the web forum.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of confused11 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back