1068 error on attempting to start Remote Access Connection Manager. How do I solve th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kua

I've been having awful trouble setting up my network (well setting it up again) and have found that this 'service' is not running.

The full error I get when I right click->start is the following:

"Could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start."

Which suggests something else needs to be running and isn't but to the best of my knowledge everything that should be running is.

Just guessing here:

Go to Start>Run>services.msc>Ok.

Ensure "Remote Access Connection Manager" is started by right clicking on "Remote Access Connection Manager" and then "Properties". Next to "Startup Type:" if the service is "Disabled" set it to "Manual". Click "Apply" and then click "Start" to start the service.

Check the "Dependencies" tab to see what services depend on this one, as well as the ones that "Remote Access Connection Manager" depends on and set those to "Manual" as well.

Zenosincks said:
Just guessing here:

Go to Start>Run>services.msc>Ok.

Ensure "Remote Access Connection Manager" is started by right clicking on "Remote Access Connection Manager" and then "Properties". Next to "Startup Type:" if the service is "Disabled" set it to "Manual". Click "Apply" and then click "Start" to start the service.

Check the "Dependencies" tab to see what services depend on this one, as well as the ones that "Remote Access Connection Manager" depends on and set those to "Manual" as well.

By checking the dependencies tab I could see that RACM was dependent on telephony which wasn't running. Thank you!

Now to see if I can at last get t'internet back on my beloved PC!!

Aaaaannnd it doesn't. Sigh.

Now to see if I can at last get t'internet back on my beloved PC!!

Aaaaannnd it doesn't. Sigh.
looks like you still have symptoms -- post details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back