1600mhz cpu only running at 600mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hi, on my laptop lg ls50a, the processor is only running at 600mhz whilst it is a 1600mhz processor... It has had absolutely no modifications done to it...

Any ideas why, how to to fix this problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Korrupt

Is it running on battery power? Could it be a power saver program like Emachines Power Now Technology that lowers the output power of the processor, even when plugged in to conserve power?

Thanks for your reply,

It is plugged into the wallsocket. I am not sure how to find out if it using a battery saver program, how would I go about that?

Regards,

Korrupt

Dont worry, I fixed it... I accidentally changed some settings in battery misser limiting CPU power to 600MHZ whilst in wall socket and limited to 1600mhz on battery... Silly me:knock:

Thanks so much for your reply.

Regards,

Korrupt :wave: :wave:

Even when plugged in the wall socket, it's no use having the CPU run at full speed all the time. When it'll need more power it will adjust the CPU speed, if not it'll lower the speed & make the fans run slower (or even shut them down in some cases).

Ah, so thats the sound of silence I've been hearing every now and again lately, it sounds like the entire laptop is shut down lol.

Regards,

Korrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back