1gb ram wont work..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dae_amp_ika_dtp

hi. i just bought a stick of ram. and i cant get it to boot up my compter. i removed the old stick out and replaced it with the new one and it didnt work. it gave me a beep code different than the beep code it gives me when theres no ram installed. i tried my old ram stick and it worked fine. the list says my chipset is supported. i was wondering if i have to set something in the bios before it can work? my bios is PHEONIX BIOS..and my chipset is sis648fx. the ram i got is a 1gb samsung 3200. any help would be great. thanks.

What's your stick of ram, DDR200/266/333/ or 400 DDR SDRAM?
If the clock speeds are really different you'll need to set this up properly in your BIOS menu.

reset the cmos jumper
when I change out from 266 to 400 mhz in the servers the cmos needs reset

its ddr 400. i'll try resetting. is it necessary though? my 512 was pc3200 400mhz as well. but yeah i'll try it later when i have time. the only thing different is i was using a 512mb 400mhz kingston. now im upgrading to a 1gb 400mhz samsung.

Ok, 512 to 1GB, both single sticks. Have a look at the manual, sometimes mobo's are real sticklers for the proper slot. slot A or B if 512 or less, but only slot C if >512, else... Sometimes you have to be a goddam programmer to figure out what they mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back