2.5" hdd wont spin

Status
Not open for further replies.
IBM Travelstar Notebook HDD

i think one of the sectors went bad on the HDD. so i bought a new HDD and backed up as much as possible on the HDD mentioned. so unfortunately i had a program corrupt my Outlook '03 files. now requiring me to boot up the old HDD mentioned and backup my Outlook files from there. now i cant get the HDD to spin. so leaving the sytem off and connecting via network doesn't make any sense. i'm really unclear how an IDE connection would work in this situation. so any help or explanation would be great.

when i do boot up, bios will automatically goto boot-up options. when i select my HDD to boot up, it is not an option. i tried to boot up Winternals ERD Commander to try to access recovery options and that isn't working either.

as far as other spec's i cant really pull them up at the moment.

i'm kinda in a squeeze here, cause the info is very important time-wise right now as i'm facing a deadline for a wedding. (need addresses etc,. for invites)

any help is much appreciated.

thanks,
Mike

Maybe the drive isn't getting power. If the data is REALLY important, you could see if you can buy that same drive from ebay and replace the circuit board... but I think if its not a simple power issue, then you aren't going to get any data off of it.
If its ultra-critical data you could send it off to a company and they'd charge you a huge amount of money, but they could probably get your data back. But if it was that important, you should have had at least 1 backup just in case something like this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back