2 DVD burners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronobono

Hi.. I have had a Dvd burner in my pc for a while now with a normal cd rom in the other slot and all works fine..Yesterday my friend gave me his HP dvd840 lightscribe dvd burner and when i put in in with my other burner it wont work right? When i put it in by itself it works fine and even with the normal cd rom. As soon as i put the 2 dvd burners in at the same time though they wont work? I can open both drives up so i know its getting power. If anyone could tell me what could be the problem it would sure be helpfull.. If theres any more info i can give let me know thanx.

Are both burners connected to the same ide cable? If so, have you set the jumpers one as master and the other as slave?

Regards Howard :)

yes they both go to the same cable..im not sure about the jumpers? lol im not even sure how i would go about checking that out?

The jumpers is the piece of plastic that fits over some pins in their own section arranged like ::: and sometimes :::: then stamped on the case of the drive, or on a sticker you'll see MA SL CS for Master Slave and Cable Select. Set one of the jumpers over the pins for Master and on the other drive set them over the pins for Slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back