2 GB mini sd card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this 2GB mini sd card just before christmass for my PDA phone ppc-6700. the problem is any time the storage capacity on it reach the level of about 120MB it will hang and freeze my phone. i use software called SP tasck manager from binarys.com because i was not able to format it by using the windows xp on my laptop, but still the same thing. keep in mind that when i go to storage setting on my phone it will show me the right space left on it.
Then i use it with the usb card reader on my laptop, format it FAT32 and loaded until it reach the same level and error from windows saying something like delay in wrinting...

What can be done i can only used now as 100MB card not 2GB.

There is a chance its a fake card. Its not uncommon to find great deals online while looking to buy cards that big (I know because I looked for 2gb regular sd and a 2gb micro) and it turns out a lot of them are fakes, and instead of being full capacity they are only 128megs or so. Which would line up about right with what you are seeing. Somehow they are even able to make them incorrectly report their size to Windows. - Read that somewhere a while back, but can't seem to find any information on google.

Where'd you get the card?

SNGX1275 said:
There is a chance its a fake card....

You know it make sense what are you saying, it looks like i end up with 128mb card. Yes I purchased from ebay from a company in China. Pay for it including shipping $32. Sucks.........

Thanks for your reply, now i should go on line see if i can get my money back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back