2 networked computers that work diffrently

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 networked computers and the internet on both works fine. one is the server/gateway and the other is the client on the server/gateway computer i can access many websites and play many online games.. but on the client i can only open a few websites and play no online games.. ive tried opening the port of these games in the connection settings but they stilll dont work :p i really need help

modem: ZyXel Dsl modem
connect: USB 2.0 networking cable

what exactly is the problem? and what do u mean by online games? games from websites or multiplayer games like UT2004 and stuff like that? u usually dont have to open ports for playing games, only for hosting them

well what i meant by online games is MMORPGs which are software based like guildwars,lineage2,ragnarok online and world of warcraft.

and the usb cable i meant is used to connect the client to the gateway not to the modem.

ive tried closing the firewall for both the client and the gateway and the game still wont connect to its server to update, amazingly.. the game works fine on the gateway computer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back