2 PC's not loading BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyr0

edit: opps should have put POST instead of BIOS in title :(

ok guys,
my comp won't start...

went down the street, left my comp on came back and it was still on, but monitor had no signal, thought it was on standby, couldnt get a signal so i reset it.
now this is what happened and what is the present problem.

press the power button,
monitor gets no signal,
does not get to POST as no beeps,
all the fans and my water cooling system runs.

now, initially i thought it was the graphics card, because a couple of times the monitor hasnt worked, ie: no signal and POST has given the one long, two short beeps indicating a video error so i've just taken the card out and put it back in again and its all dandy but not the case this time. That happened about 3 times i think, all in the same week about a month ago.

i put the graphics card, cpu and RAM all into another motherboard using a different power supply and it all worked sweet.
so i figure its the motherboard right...
then i go and put all of the compents back into this computer i was using as a test platform, now it has exactly the same proplem, exaclty the same symptoms...

taken both PC's apart multiple times and still the same result
tried ressetting the CMOS by taking out the battery and the power changing jumpers etc on both comps and no result.
tried starting both mobo's with all the parts out, so just the mobo and the PSU running with fans... same result - no beeps even - and yes the system speaker is connected properly.

then miraculously computer one booted once - after being left off and having the CMOS reset, went into BIOS and comfirmed everything was ok, went out, didnt have the HDD's connected so had to turn off, turned on again and same problem - no beeps. tried resetting the CMOS again and leaving it disconnected from the power overnight but no luck there either.

so im thinking its one of the PSU or the mobo as its not making it to POST - as there are no beeps whatsoever (WTF), but the thing is one of the components musta damaged the second computer somehow... so it must be faulty but how too tell arghhhh!

first computer that broke specs:
ASUS A8N SLi Deluxe
3800 64 Atholon CPU
2 x 512 Generic RAM
ASUS x850xt 256 MB
500 W thermaltake PSU

second comp:
ASUS A8N-VM
3200 64 Atholon CPU
2 x 512 Generic
ASUS x1900xt
430 W thermaltake PSU

any help will be greatly appreciated...
Cheers,
Pyr0

o yeah did i ever :p
well i finally gave up on it, took the components to a comp store and just as i thought the mb's were both stuffed. They wern't sure why, but they were both dead. All the other stuff worked fine tho, so i bought a new mb and the other went under warranty.
I personally point a finger at a power spike in the psu, so bought a better psu as well, and antec :)

Cheers all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back