2 Problems with A8V Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. The two problems i am having with my mobo is this:

1. When Windows XP boots up, after the Welcome screen, the screen just goes black, then goes back to the desktop. This happens every time the PC boots up. I would like to know if there is a way to stop that from happening, either in Windoes XP or in the mobo's BIOS.

2. Whenever I open Internet Explorer for the first time, a box pops up saying that there is no connection, and it asks me if i would like to work offline or try again, and when I click try again, it works. is there any way to fix it so that i dont have to keep clicking try again everytime I reboot my PC.

This is my setup:

ASUS A8V Deluxe
AMD Athlon64 3500+ socket 939
Kingston 1 gig pc2700 ram
480 watt PSU

Any help would be appreciated

Have you just upgraded your mobo? If so you need to remove all device drivers for the old board in device manager, then reboot and let XP install the correct ones.

Hope that helps. Rik.

Yeah i upgraded, but i reformatted the hard drive after I installed the mobo. I fixed the internet connection problem, now i just need to fix the black screen problem. I reformatted the hard drive like 3 times, and it still gives me the black screen. It even did it while i was installing XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back