2 video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have a diamond viper II Z200 video card for my AGP slot. I recently purchased a geforce 2 mx 200 for a PCI slot. Could I somehow install the geforce and keep the diamond card in at the same so I can play newer games with the geforce and older games with my diamond. - Thank you very much

If you have a spare monitor then you could easily do this, if not, it gets a bit tricky because you'd have to swap the monitor cable between the cards or have a special splitter for the monitor(I saw one somewhere, I'll look it up if you want) and you'd have to enable/disable the cards to use one at a time.

There might be another way but I'm unaware of it. Also that cable I mentioned is probably pretty hard to find, especially if I saw it in the catalog I think it was in. The best bet would be to set up another monitor.

The only way you could use two video cards one PCI and the other AGP is by going to the System BIOS and on the "Primary Display" select AGP or PCI depending on the card you want to use. After selecting your primary display save and reboot your BIOS. The only problem is that not all MoBo's have the "Primary Display" Selection on their BIOS settings. Hopefully yours do! Good Luck! ;)

Just out of interest, what sort of games would run on a Viper 2 that couldn't on a Geforce? You'd probably find the geforce better for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back