20 fps in CS:S... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartz

I was hoping someone could help me figure out why I'm getting such miserable performance from my system playing CS:S and to a lesser extent NFS:MW

I've noticed that in cs:s as soon as I get people running around on my screen, lots of shooting/physics going off, that my FPS hits the toilet, hovering around 15-25 fps. I have a fairly decent system I think, and I noticed that in another thread on this forum, someone was managing to pull 130fps constant from cs:s on a 6600GT (which pales in comparison to my card), and on a roughly equivilant processor to mine.

I've noticed that I can up the Aniostropic Filtering all the way to 16x and not notice a performance hit, and 4x AA barely impacts my play either. So I'm thinking it's CPU limited. I play @ 1920x1200 resolution, but even if I drop it down to 720x480, I still get the same 20fps when in heavy firefights.

I believe all my relevant system stats are in my sig. Can someone suggest why the hell I'm getting such poor performance from this game (and to a lesser extent, other games as well)

Edit: Shoot, I posted this in the wrong forum, can a mod please delete this?

It would help if you posted your PC specs in here.

Anyway, try running the dxdiag utility to check if all hardware and AGP acceleration has been enabled.
Try updating to the latest DirectX and the latest GFX drivers for your card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back