2003 server > print server issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

sl4p

Hello ,

We have 2 print servers in production (the main and a backup) , the main is about to be replaced , so we switched the printers on the backup server .
The issue is that some printers that were ready and working on the main server are displayed offline on the backup, and also the users cannot print trough the backup server, because the printer is described as offline in their network printers list.
The problem occurs randomly, for a few printers, most of them are working fine on both server.
Has anyone here already encountered this issue?

Thanks for the help :)

Set the printer "online" in the printers menu?

Also, some network printer drivers try to query the printer status over SNMP. You would either have to disable this feature or enable SNMP on the printer.

Thanks for the imput!

When i try to set the printers online, they stay offline on the backup server , even tho they're online and working on the main server (that we didn't shutdown until we fix this issue)

I'll take a look on your second advice and report back, but what's bothering me is that these problematic printers are working perfectly on the main server with the correct status displayed.
I think it's server related, but i can't figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back