24MB/sec broadband this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

etones

broadband speeds reaching 24Mb/sec will be available in the uk, with users in london the first to access a new service from be unlimited. the company is currently installing its equipment in a number of BT exchanges and claims the service will go online in the capital from august. a number of other areas across the UK have also been earmarked for the super-fast ADSL2+ product.

I read something like this in new scientist. apparently the UK will soon be totally overhauled with one of the fastest internet/communication systems in the world. probably incorperating voice/video etc. sounds promising to me! but if BT have anything to do with it then... well.... we may need to wait!

It would be great to see you guys go from dialup that disconnected every two hours to 24MB/sec broadband. :) I can only wait and hope that companies in the U.S. start offering faster broadband services.

mines dear but you get lots of free software that usually cost a lot if you buy it for a shop with it, you get virus scan, spyware killer, spam killer, firewall, and some other things. for £27.99 with 30GB limit but i never go over that anyway. and also they may be upgrading the speed to 8meg soon. there testing already and i have just upgraded to 2meg

i use to have free dialup it was great (i dont mean the speed, i mean the price)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back