27.exe in hijack this logfile is it a trojan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all another noob here,I am getting very high pings in games and some weird sh*t happening on my pc ,have done all the virus,spybot and adaware scans and come up clean,hijack this found "27.exe" is this the root of my troubles?
Thanks.

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 6
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Yes 27.exe is indeed a backdoor trojan.

If you do a Google search for 27.exe you will find loads of info for it.

Let Hijackthis fix it.

Go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Probably a good idea to print them out.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

is this ok now

Thanks for the advice seems to have stableised things, but i think i may have deleted a outlook express file with hijack this,
"O23 - Service: .NET Connection Service - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe (file missing)"
any idears ,thanks

You can always restore any entries that you get rid off with Hijack this they will be in the Hijack this folder on your computer.

I would let Hijack this fix this O23 - Service: .NET Connection Service - Unknown - C:\WINDOWS\svchost.exe (file missing)

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

You can delete anything with file missing.

Also I would let Hijackthis fix all the Google toolbar entries you can always reinstall the google toolbar if you wish.

Also download Firefox and don`t use IE again except for Windows updates.

You can get Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

If I`ve missed anything I`m sure RBS will put you straight.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Your HJT-file looks clean after Howard's advice.
I am not sure about that google-bar, the version-numbers don't seem right to me. But then, I NEVER EVER install ANY searchbars whatsoever, they are only a pain in the proverbial. My advise: uninstall it.

To get your (vital) svchost.exe back, run SFC.EXE after you have read this MS-article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185836/EN-US/

Bloody marvelous guys thanks for your help am running firefox now seems fine ,my email is now working all seems fine , the missing svchost.exe file you mention ,do i really need it and i went to the M.S site you listed says its only for win 98 .
Cheers guys keep up the good work

Yes, you need svchost.exe
That MS-article was only to show you what it does and how. The same procedure works for XP as well, and is faster than running a repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back