2800xp Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkaa

I have a 2800xp processor and i wanna overclock it to a 3200, i have seen posts about the 2500 able to overclock to a 3200, i wanna know if i can do it with my 2800 and if so can you guys help me please im running my 2800 at a 2.21 ghz and i wanna know if i can get more out of it.

What mobo do you have? I take it as you know how to OC.

Make sure you have good cooling if your going to be OCing!

If I were you, I'd make sure the temps stay under 60C, other then that, I'd just keep bumping the MHz up, as long as the temps are under 60C.

You already have a 2.2GHz 2800+, which is what a 3200+ runs at. If the temps are right, squeeze some more juice out of it :) My friend's 2600+ runs 2.4GHz stable :)

ok so i managed to make my computer a bit faster now, umma the temperature is at 58c is that like bad?? i dont have any of that silver stuff but would it help alot?

oooo man.. your not using thermal paste? Im surprised your PC even runs!!!! Im really surprised it even boots - you probably have a thermal pad on there, you must.. otherwise you wouldnt even be toutching the BIOS much, after 1minute anyways.

Unless you feel comfortable with taking off your spending $8 on AS5, removing your heatsink, taking rubbing alchole and rubbing the thermal pad off your heatsink, applying thermal paste, and reapplying the heatsink, I wouldnt bother too much with the artic silver. You might see temps drop 5C, but I doubt 10.

If you werent using a pad or paste at all, your PC would actually work with the paste ;)

You can get it here for 7.95:

http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=120199&Product_Code=50212

Well i bought this heatsin and fan and it came with some white stuff, so i put some on and i guess that is why its running, but umma other wise thats it! Im gonna do a little work on my case to add on 2 fans, would fans help alot?

2 more case fans? No not really, if at all. They arent the things cooling your CPU, the heatsink and fan is. if you know what size the fan on your heatsink is, you could buy a new one, that pushes more air (but would be louder). That or get a GOOD heatsink, like the SLK900 for $40. That is the best heatsink around. Find it at www.newegg.com

Well the temperature that your CPU can be cooled too is dependent upon the ambient temp. in the case - that is to say, if your case temp. is 28C, you're proc cannot be cooled to 27C. Of course this only applies with air, and not water or LN2 cooling. So theoretically, yes, two extra case fans would help.

Gotta ask....

....I just got an XP 2800+

HOW did you get it to run at that speed? What did you change?Did you take any special precautions?

Will I stop asking questions?.........hahaha:D

I ask as it only runs at about 2.08Ghz stock.:eek:

Originally posted by wicka_wicka
Well the temperature that your CPU can be cooled too is dependent upon the ambient temp. in the case - that is to say, if your case temp. is 28C, you're proc cannot be cooled to 27C. Of course this only applies with air, and not water or LN2 cooling. So theoretically, yes, two extra case fans would help.

Yes but in reality, it'd be hard pressed to make more then 1C difference for the CPU.

@SHOGUN
In your BIOS, you can change the multiplier of your cpu (if its not already at 12.5) to a higher number, or raise the speed of your FSB. Your RAM must be able to take the overclock though (remember raising the FSB = OCing the ram)..in your case anyways.

My computer runs at 2318mhz now and uma the temperature changes, the highest it has been at is 58c, then it can drop to 47, i dont know although i already ordered the silver stuff, oh yeah i have a Aero 7 Lite, the company is coolmaster, and umma my ram runs at 400 mhz.

btw heres a pic of my cpu cooler, oh yeah 1 more thing, is CoolMaster a good or bad or ok company? I bought that cooler cuz umma it looked like a pretty good cooler to me

e0caeae7e80139246e76b3e5064a2655.jpg

Good but a long shot from being the best.. if you ask me, they just make pretty fans to go on top of their heatsinks, so people like you buy them ;)

I wasnt exactly searching for the "best" because i didnt have enough money for the "best" so i figured this heatsink and fan might work better than a typical 10 15 dollar fan.

Thats very true I guess I didnt consider, their heatsinks come with fans ;) I think the fans are what make them sell, because they are verticle, but I see where your coming from :)

Ok my computer is around 51 c after the silver stuff, i did raise the voltage so my computer can be stable or else, it tends to crash :( but now its running at 2.3 stable! thanks arctic silver 5 rules :cool:

Originally posted by bkaa
Ok my computer is around 51 c after the silver stuff, i did raise the voltage so my computer can be stable or else, it tends to crash :( but now its running at 2.3 stable! thanks arctic silver 5 rules :cool:

Awesome! Way to go :)

The voltage raise (how much did you raise it? or what did you raise it to) may not fix your problem, because it could be a lot of other things. However if your system is a little unstable due to the OC, it may.

Welli raised it a little bit, and ever since it has been stable, it was at 1.75, i put it at 1.80, its running nice and smooth now thanks !

Wait, i have 512mb of ram, and they are 2 sticks at different speeds, could that do something?? or mess up something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back