2nd Problem of the day (HDD issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bark4Soul

My 2nd HDD, a 200 GB Western Digital Hard drive is not working right since I moved. Windows doesnt see it, it's my "D" drive and I had it renamed. I use it to store stuff on, windows is not on this drive, but when I click it, it says that the drive is now un-readable or corrupted, is it possible something got jarred when I transferred it in my car or something came lose? Or do I need to run some form of a diagnostic on it? I cant really afford to lose this drive, it has like 7 years of photos, music, movies, etc...u get the idea right? I really wanna get it readable so I can back it up and get a new drive, also, any help here is greatly appreciated...thank you!! And heres to someone saving my day /tear

Bark

The first thing to do would be to open your case up and make sure the data and power cables are fitted tightly.

Okay, I will look into that real quick and see if something came disco'd when I moved it from A to B

A new ata data cable may be worth a try, they do fail from time to time and a new one wont cost much.

hey Bark4Soul

Umm, try this... plug the hard drive into another pc and see if the same error shows up...

Spyder_1386 :)

IS there a diagnostic tool I can run to see if it will help from the maker of the HD? I unplugged it, made sure it was good, and now it is being read but it says it is damaged or corrupted....ugh

back it up as fast as possible the drive is fixing to fail, then go buy a new drive to replace it.

go into disc management in the control panel. If the computer can see the drive, assign it a letter. If the computer cannot see the drive, then you have a hardware issue.

Tedster said:
go into disc management in the control panel. If the computer can see the drive, assign it a letter. If the computer cannot see the drive, then you have a hardware issue.

Well my comp sees it as the D: Drive it has been, but it says there is nothing there. How do I go into disc management and try and troubleshoot that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back