3.3V votage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a new computer and assembled it, checking thought the CMOS setup i found that the 3.3V Voltage on my system was reading a constant 4.28V, anyone know why this would be? and can it be dangerous running 1V higher??

Dan

I'd say the power supply is faulty. The 3.3V rail is putting out the wrong voltage. Just to check, can you try another PSU?

Hmm okay, yea ill have to put things on hold untill i can get one.

I am running a 520watt raidmax ps

athlon 64 x2 6000+
320gb barraucuda sata
1 x gigabyte 8800GTS 640mb
2 x 1gb gskill ddr2
m2n-sli delux mb

do u think there could be any problems with what i am trying to run with this ps.

Regards Dan

Raidmax is not the best brand of power supply. Its reputation is poor. As far as problems, I don't know for sure if you'll actually have any but applying more voltage than a circuit is designed for might damage some of them.

okay thanks for your help mate

Regards Dan

Im looking at getting another ps, what would you recommend mailpup? any manufacturers that youd recommend for the 550W 600W ps range

Thanks

Regards Dan

These are some good brands: Antec, Fortron (FPS Group), Seasonic, Mushkin, Silverstone, Sparkle, OCZ, Corsair, Enermax. PC Power & Cooling, and Tagan to name a few. There are others and sorry if I left out anyone's favorites but these should get you started. I've bought power supplies from the first five manufacturers on this list and they have performed well. My 550W Antec is about 2.5 years old and still going strong. The Silverstone is a 850W PSU I bought for a new gaming PC I just built this week for myself (finished just today). Prices vary considerably from brand to brand although Fortron PSUs are good values.

A good website to get information on various power supplies and to compare them is Newegg.com. They only deliver to addresses in the USA so if you don't live here you won't be able to buy from them but you can still use them to get information about components you are considering. I buy most of my PC parts from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back