3 beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my friend and I just completed building his new comp. When we powered it up, we get 3 fast beeps, then it powers off automatically. I looked up on the net to see what those 3 beeps meant, and I found that it meant there is a 64K Memory Failure. We tried using different memory, putting the memory in different slots, and aany combination we could think of, but we still get the 3 fast beeps at startup. Pls help. Thanks.

Originally posted by siLL2fresh
Hi, my friend and I just completed building his new comp. When we powered it up, we get 3 fast beeps, then it powers off automatically. I looked up on the net to see what those 3 beeps meant, and I found that it meant there is a 64K Memory Failure. We tried using different memory, putting the memory in different slots, and aany combination we could think of, but we still get the 3 fast beeps at startup. Pls help. Thanks.

have you tried swappping out the mombo? to see if your mombo is bad? you could have a bad dimm/simm slot I did a quick google search using 64K Memory Failure and this is the info I found.

HTH

Was the information you got from the manufacturer's website for tat specific model, siLL2fresh?

Because if it is, that means your board is probably shot.

Hi Guys'
dont mean to insult you in any way. have you checked your MB FSB settings are compatible with the processor. this sometimes causes beeps and shutdown if FSB Jumpers on MB is set Higher than the Processor' FSB.? of course there's no problem if the Bios supperts Stepless or auto config. otherwise Real Blackstuff's diagnosis of faulty Mem slots is the problem. also check that MB supports Memory speeds.

pcaceit said:
Hi Guys'
dont mean to insult you in any way. have you checked your MB FSB settings are compatible with the processor. this sometimes causes beeps and shutdown if FSB Jumpers on MB is set Higher than the Processor' FSB.? of course there's no problem if the Bios supperts Stepless or auto config. otherwise Real Blackstuff's diagnosis of faulty Mem slots is the problem. also check that MB supports Memory speeds.

Check the date of this thread. It`s from almost 2 years ago lol.

I`ve posted in old threads too, when I first joined Techspot.

Regards Howard :)

siLL2fresh said:
either you did something wrong or the mobo is fried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back