3 most underrated & unfortunate games in recent time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ani123

friends,i've read all the reviews of all recent games,i've played and successfully completed most of them as well.i would like to say that among all recent & heavyweight games 3 games are the most unfortunate ones as their sell have suffered heavily for getting undue negative reviews and criticism which they don't deserve at all.those ill fated games are blacksite area 51,timeshift & soldier of fortune payback. i know most of gamers will disagree with me but even after playing games like crysis,cod4,gears of war or witcher,i find visuals of first two are very impressive,their gameplay are also very good,payback is not so good graphically,but how many games have such intense,fast paced action & blood bath?and finally the music of payback in each level,they are extremely melodious,all three are worth playing,gamers should look into them before rubishing them by going through reviews only....

Although we have had many topics like this, but I have to kinda agree with you. A lot of games get bad reviews for stupid reasons. I don't think graphics should matter but maybe 1, maximum 2 points. I love the original UT, and it looks pathetic.

In fact, I think its combat and speed are awsome.

I played the demo for Timeshift (the original demo, there was two I think) that was quite fun. But I got the full version and played for a while (maybe about 30 minutes) and I thought it was a pretty average game, there was something about it that made it not very appealing to me. I mean I will play through the whole game, I just have other games that take higher priorities. Maybe I just need to give it more of a chance I dont know.

EDIT: Payback is a pretty good game, for me the main thing is a novelty factor. Also the multiplayer is AWESOME. Better than some games that promote multi as a huge feature IMO.

Haven't played Blacksite so I can't comment on that one.

Hi skitzo_zac,i also agree with u that first one or two levels of timeshift are pretty average and fail to hold the attraction of gamers who can easily get distracted with other big titles,but real thrills & challange of timeshift lie a bit ahead when gamers will confront flying human weapons and those bad guys who have the same time stopping/slowing/reversing power as the gamer,these tough enemies are so fast that they no longer remain as masses,instead they become something like bright glossy wave,a very enjoyable,successful implementation of wave particle duality concept when something moves as fast as light,a gamer will have to have a little patience to go through these wonderful levels.....

Don't know if this game fits into your 'recent time' but one of the most underrated games is Call of Juarez. It is a great game with a great MP mode as well as SP.

Yeah well, it took me quite a few hours to get into Bioshock and really appreciate that. So I will deffinately give timeshift a go some time soon.

And yeah I agree with Jtickner, Juarez is an awesome game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back