3 Serious Problems that I need help with please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadpill924

Hi, I have 3 problems that I urgently need help with. I just switched to getting Zone Alarm anti virus.

Problem #1= When Windows starts, there is an error that says 'Windows Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close.' Can someone please tell me what this is for and how I can fix it? Thank you

Problem #2= Often when I click the FireFox button on my quick launch toolbar at the bottom, my whole toolbar freezes. It stays like that until I restart my computer. It is very annoying. Please tell me how to fix it.

Problem #3= While I was typing this, it said 'Windows Virtual Memory is too low. Windows is currently increasing the size of Virtual Memory.' Someone please tell me what this means and how to speed up the process.

Thank you for reading and please answer one of these ASAP. Thank you

Well, the most requested question is: which windows is it!?

I'm just guessing XP, but which is it?

Anyway, it say that Windows Virtual Memory is too low basically when you open too much programs and windows need to deal with too much at the same time.
So just pay attention to what programs drain too much resources and shut them down, with FireFox for instance, most if not all of the Add-ons slow down the performance, know that.

About the FireFox issue, I guess you may try uninstalling that version you have and then try installing the latest version from new.

About the Windows Explorer problem, I'm not sure, maybe try uninstalling latest programs which you installed that maybe causing that problem.
I also warmly recommend using System Restore to restore your system to an earlier point where windows ran fine.

Sagi said:
Well, the most requested question is: which windows is it!?

I'm just guessing XP, but which is it?

Anyway, it say that Windows Virtual Memory is too low basically when you open too much programs and windows need to deal with too much at the same time.
So just pay attention to what programs drain too much resources and shut them down, with FireFox for instance, most if not all of the Add-ons slow down the performance, know that.

About the FireFox issue, I guess you may try uninstalling that version you have and then try installing the latest version from new.

About the Windows Explorer problem, I'm not sure, maybe try uninstalling latest programs which you installed that maybe causing that problem.
I also warmly recommend using System Restore to restore your system to an earlier point where windows ran fine.

Well I just installed all the old protection programs that I had, and it's fine now. How stupid of me. Windows XP SP2 is my version. and I dont have windows Genuine. What anti virus would you recommend? I have Avira Personal edition and it expires in 2 days.

I always had problems finding a good Anti-Virus program, right now I'm not using any... But if I would use any, it would be the one that comes with the ZoneAlarm Security suite. Since ZoneAlarm is the best (without any doubt) firewall program, I figured to also use its Anti-Virus.

Here's a list...
There's Panda... probably a heavy program. If you know what I mean.
There's Avast which is free I believe and is commonly recommended.
There's also Nod32 I think..
you can just search the web really.....

And of course there's the legendary NORTON AntiVirus.
yeah, a real legend, 'cause for me I used to use it back in 2002 maybe.. but then one day it messed up my whole system.
Since then I consider it a virus itself.
So my recommendation is to avoid it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Even if someone is offering you money to install it - Don't!!

Sagi said:
I always had problems finding a good Anti-Virus program, right now I'm not using any... But if I would use any, it would be the one that comes with the ZoneAlarm Security suite. Since ZoneAlarm is the best (without any doubt) firewall program, I figured to also use its Anti-Virus.

Here's a list...

yeah, a real legend, 'cause for me I used to use it back in 2002 maybe.. but then one day it messed up my whole system.

well ill try avast and then maybe nod32 it seems like a good program

Sagi said:

Here's a list...

oh and if theyre offering you money to install its kind of suspicious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back