36 gig raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hynesy

Im think of getting the 36 gb raptor SATA drive for my pc, any reviews that people can offer?

Hi, 36gb seems real small or real old for a sata.

They're cheap these days and i would say you might as well buy a larger one say 80 or 120 or more.

Note: some of the earlier releases of sata hdd drives were buggy and died more quickly.

The 36 gig Raptors aren't buggy and do not die more quickly. They aren't consumer level drives like your regular sata drives - they are a more professional line.

Ive got some money to spend on a computer and i want to buy something top of the line, so at least it wont go out of date for a little long

pcaceit said:
Hi, 36gb seems real small or real old for a sata.

They're cheap these days and i would say you might as well buy a larger one say 80 or 120 or more.

Note: some of the earlier releases of sata hdd drives were buggy and died more quickly.

How does changing the interface on the hard drive make it "buggy" before sata 2, sata was the "same" as an pATA dive. All they did was change it to a thin cable and a different style of power (for the most part) and added a "new" controller on the mobo's.

They really did nothing new.

CrossFire851 said:
How does changing the interface on the hard drive make it "buggy" before sata 2, sata was the "same" as an pATA dive. All they did was change it to a thin cable and a different style of power (for the most part) and added a "new" controller on the mobo's.

They really did nothing new.

Dont laught at this folks
Seems i got wrong end of the stick as i was led to believe that it was a new technology not just a cable change.

I was also led to believe that this great new technology would make it possible to have much higher storage capacity than ATA??

I've been going to computer markets and fairs since around 1995 and when sata came out there were untold failures. In the early days people were always bringing them back and they were being sent back to the manufacturers under warranty. It was considered by most engineers and technicians and vendors that they were obviously unreliable. The general advise given was not to use them as your system Drive but just for storage until they were improved and made more reliable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back