3D Graphics Crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaverickScot

Can anyone help with this?

I have had a stable system running for some time with all the latest drivers that are out there. Recently my Win XP pro slowed to a crawl booting up and shuting down so I decided to reload every thing again and clean out the junk. A good idea at the time. I used to play the latest games like TOCA Race Driver, Unreal 2, NOLF2. So every thing re-installed ok and now none of the games will play. As soon as the game starts the action (Moving 3d graphics I mean) it lasts about 10 seconds then crashes back to the desk top. I have changed no settings in the bios or added any new hardware and the drivers are all the same that I was useing before I re-installed.

I have read some previous information but they all seem to point to the power supply but I don't think this is the case this time as I have had this running for some time without incident. I did notice that the other memebers here appear to have had similar problems and the common thing appears to be AMD cpu's, Via agp drivers and Geforce video cards.

Can anyone shed some light on this as I have tried most things and it's driving me crazy now. My Spec is:-

AMD 1.2Ghz cpu
Creative GeForce3 Ti200 video
ABIT KT7A Raid Motherboard
Creative Audigy Sound
Seagate 20Mb & 60Mb Drives (IDE1)
Creative DVD 12x (IDE2)
TDK 241210 CD writer (IDE3)
Creative Dxr3 Card

Thanks in Advance,
Mav.

Nodsu continues his mantra about VIA chipsets and AGP 4x mode not playing together well..

Sorted

It turns out that the latest VIA drivers are not compatible with the ABit KT7A Raid. The newest drivers you can use are 4in1438.

Is that cool or what. Hope this helps some of you other guys and girl out there.

Mav.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back