3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 PCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushwhacker

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just want to know what is alternative way to find a link for WickedGL, i even went to www.voodoofiles.com under www.3dfx.com, it have broken links, all of mirror too.

let me know if the link has been founded

thanks

Lucan:grinthumb

Well it would seem WickedGL is no more. It's not like 3dfx is present in the 3D market anymore so they have no more reason to be.

Unless you know someone who has a full version, it will be hard to find one on the net.

I have a friend that lost $5000 on 3dfx stock. That's not even the sad part- It was about 6 years ago and we were both just getting into computers and gfix adapter were in their nascent stage, but seemed like a very logical thing to us that anything that made gaming on a pc better, had to be a good thing. Well the voodo cards were the shiznit with Nvidia a close second. Long story short, he bought 3dfx @~$11 while Nvidia was @~$9
Less than a year later 3dfx was worthless and Nvida was ~$113 a share!

HEY! :mad:

I think 3dfx still good! Plus i am not talking about stock, i am only talking about overclking that is all!

overclocking a Voodoo 3 200 PCI....interesting.....might be good fun....
i remember my first 3d accelerator that i bought to play the quake 3 demo...a voodoo 3 2000 AGP...oh how much better quake 2 looked with OGL support *happy days*

Steg

Not much more to tell - it was an upgrade from a SIS 6368 (i think it was 6368) AGP which had 8Meg of ram and barely ran Direct3D and didnt run OGL at all...so the Voodoo was my first 'real' 3d accelerator.....at least my first 3d card of any use....i was supprised at just HOW WELL that card scaled - in a time of Geforce 2 Tis and Ultra my card would play ALL the games on the markets at best visual quality at 640*480 - i loved that card dearly....i now dont know what has happened to it....i think i gave it to a friend as an upgrade to a ATi Rage Pro 32Megs....yes it had half the ram (only 16megs on the voodoo 3 2000....not like 256 now :D) but actually ran quake 3 better.....
There is little more to say....i had never heard of overclocking at the time and so i have no idea as to the clock frequency of the card....it would be intesting to find out - does anyone here know? If i remember rightly the card had a passive heatsink on....i wonder if putting a fan on it would have done it any good overclocking wise.....*pulls out a 5950Ultra cooler* now lets see how fast it will go! :D
I think i will try and get that card back.....mount it on a wooden board on my wall with a plaque......"In loving memory of 3DFX, never will we see their kind again." :D

Steg

well as for the clock speed of my voodoo 3 2000 pci, the origanal speed is 143 i have it running at 180 with an extra heatsink and fan mounted on it. ive heard of people getting them up to like 220, but i dont want to fry this old girl just yet i need a new 2x agp card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back