3dhq stopping driver development...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGaribaldi

It is a sad day for Voodoo owners :(

3dhq has decided to stop their driver development, and cancel Revenge...

On their frontpage, last modified april 4th, they state:
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the support you've given us during the many, many months we have existed as an organization. It's no secret that we've taken pride in our productive, helpful, and active community. We've also enjoyed designing and building the software driver releases we have provided to others during this time, and it is with our greatest apologies that we announce the original intended goals of this project will not be completed.

They will still work on their drivers, but updates won't be anywhere near as frequent as it has been so far...

You can find more information here...

Regarding Revenge, they finally shed some light about what is was supposed to be:
"Revenge" was a revolutionary new computer graphics rendering hardware design that using modern innovations mixed with the proven reliability of various hardware aspects of rendering hardware as it is now would have been capable of exceeding the performance and rendering detail of currently available hardware by geometric proportions, and quite possibly, had it been produced as planned, leading opposing products by as many as four product cycles.

They had found investors to back it, but unfortunately they recently backed out

For more information about Revenge, read this (powerpoint document)
For more information about their business plan, read here (word document)

If any of you would be interested in investing, I'm sure they'd love to hear from you here!

As for the rest of us, why not give them a small paypal donation? The account is registered to "webmaster@tdhq.net"

A shame, really. I really like their drivers... not the most stable in existence for XP in glide but very solid nevertheless. I wish they had done something for banshee/v2 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back