3DS Changes its name !!

boeingfixer

In case some of you didn't notice, 3DSpotlight is onw Techspot.com.....yeah I know, but it took me all day to finally notice !!!

:shrug: kinda weird, i dunno if i like it or if i hate it yet. Is the url for this site gonna change to techspot.com or will we be able to use 3dspotlight.com?

I believe its to do with the name reflecting the sites content encompassing more than just 3d/Video info, guides and reviews...

But I am sure Julio will post a news entry with full details soon enough ;)

Originally posted by Arris
I believe its to do with the name reflecting the sites content encompassing more than just 3d/Video info, guides and reviews...

But I am sure Julio will post a news entry with full details soon enough ;)

quite right. its a much more of an all encompassing technical one-stop. I dare say i'd have very little to write about or post on if it was just 3d cards and games....

Originally posted by Phantasm66

quite right. its a much more all encompassing technical one-stop. I dare say i'd have very little to write about or post on if it was just 3d cards and games....

What?!? We would get some peace and quiet ;)
I'm sure we will all get to know and love the name just as we do with 3ds *sob*
When you consider how popular gamespot is this could be quite a good move for 3ds.
TechPlanet could also have been a good name.

www.techplanet.com site
For questions, comments, or further information, send email with your contact information and your question to:

request@techplanet.com

Thank you.

Techspot?

I must say, the sudden name change caught me by surprise.

Precisely what I was thinking.

Re: Techspot?

Originally posted by Rick
I must say, the sudden name change caught me by surprise.

I didn't see it until after I'd checked 2 of the forums... And only then because the Opera Suddenly said "TechSpot OpenBoards"...

Guess I'm not that observant today...:rolleyes:

As for the name change... I'd grown very much to like the name "3dspotlight"... But the new name doesn't sound that bad.. :)

Just hope Julio keeps the old URL up as well, as many sites link to our guides, forum threads etc...

.02$

You Remember...

You Remember Julio said (before the contest) that a business deal was in the works; but couldn't announce it yet.

What?!? We would get some peace and quiet ;)

Nope, people would have to make do with your inferior intellect in place of my superior one. ;) :) ;)

Originally posted by uncleel
You Remember Julio said (before the contest) that a business deal was in the works; but couldn't announce it yet.

I imagined it would be something similar.

Supposedly Techspot is a more growth potential name if I recall Julio correctly.
Makes sense, I mean like check our forums, we get 2 million or so hits a month (Last time I asked) but our Forums are still comparatively inactive. I mean, there's a good few sites out there in the few hundred thousands that seem to have much greater forum activity & all.

if i remember correctly, long long time ago, 3ds was a site for gaming news.
as time going on, it become more and more like a computer news site.

Originally posted by SleeperDC
if i remember correctly, long long time ago, 3ds was a site for gaming news.
as time going on, it become more and more like a computer news site.
I think when Julio initially setup it was a Rendition fan site.

WOW, I feel better now that I know I wasn't the only one to miss the name change. Can't wait to hear the full explaination !!

I feel honored that I was the one who started the thread on the name change !! Keep up the great work TS staff, it was and is a great site !!

Ahem... :rolleyes: older men?!
Just a quick note... by Julio 04-13-2002 @ 1:54 PM -[Comments]
Ever since we asked for your support for clicking advertisements and actually noticing them our click through rates have improved considerably, while these details still remain important to advertisers that support 3D Spotlight, I just wanted to take some time to thank you ALL 3DS readers for your continued support!

With so many sites going under every month, we are glad that we could make it through the hard times, things haven't got any better just yet but everyone is keeping us informed that better things are waiting us around the corner, or at least they are supposed to get healthier as we approach year's end.

In the meantime, I would like to ask you to fully support our main partners that have helped 3D Spotlight to keep things going through the last few months: Crucial, Soyo, AZZO.

Back