Lieutenant (Minimum Posts: 190)
Captain (Minimum Posts: 275)
Colonel (Minimum Posts: 400)
Brigadier (Minimum Posts: 650)
Major General (Minimum Posts: 1050)
General (Minimum Posts: 1600)
Field Marshal (Minimum Posts: 2100)
3DS Special Forces (Moderator only)

I am the last true Field Marshal. Everyone above me is TS Special Forces.

Unk and Boby don't count, they don't post here anymore.

No more rank changes for me (unless I become moderator [<- will not happen] or I get my head chopped off by P66 or Arris).

There should actually be more ranks.

I would reccomend:

Gunner (Minimum Posts: 0)
Bombardier (Minimum Posts: 15)
Sergeant (Minimum Posts: 45)
Sergeant Major (Minimum Posts: 75)
Ensign (Minimum Posts: 125)
Lieutenant (Minimum Posts: 190)
Captain (Minimum Posts: 275)
Colonel (Minimum Posts: 400)
Brigadier (Minimum Posts: 650)
Specify Your Own (Minimum Posts: 1000)
Major General (Minimum Posts: 1050)
General (Minimum Posts: 1600)
Field Marshal (Minimum Posts: 2100)
Admiral (Minimum Posts: 2650)
Admiral of the Fleet (Minimum Posts: 3250)
Commander in Chief ((Minimum Posts: 4000)

3DS Special Forces (Moderator only)

Talk to Julio via PM. So you are proposing that for only 50 posts that you can have your own title? Why not make that option avaiable after 4000? (according to what you have came up with).
I believe currently its something like 10,000 before you can create your own..... (but dont' quote me on that)

Originally posted by SNGX1275
I believe currently its something like 10,000 before you can create your own..... (but dont' quote me on that)

I think it should be something reasonable. Not even P66 will get that high, for a long long while.I would say above 4000, or even 5000. 1,000 may even be enough...or 2,000...

Heck the internet will probably die before anyone reaches 10k. Noone's even halfway.

10,000 posts...I'd think I would faint...oh the power !!! :eek:

Why so incredibly high?? :confused:

Actually one of the reasons why the post count for putting up your own title was set so high was so that nobody would ever reach it ;), I could change my mind of course.

But anyway, it would be cool if you guys could come up with something more propietary to TechSpot for User Titles. We already have TS Special Forces and TS Elite that are reserved to the Staff and Contributors, but a few other like those for the rest of users would be awesome.

It doesn't necessarily have to be 15 names, but something like 7-8 would be fine, then you would scale up more slowly but with more merit, perhaps users could be plain 'Newbies' for the first 100 posts, then the cool ranks.

eh... and here I was thinking that after about 10,000 post you got to be the "Grand exalted poobah" :cool:

Originally posted by young&wild Wat about this: "old timer"?

That one would be cool, but it should be reserved for people who have been with TechSpot for a long time...
If it is possible, it could be set on a "timer" which logs how many days the person have been posting or something...
Or setting it at a very high post number...

How about these:

0-50 TS Newbie
51-100 TS Wannabe
101-250 TS mini Poster
251-500 TS (something)
501-999 TS Poster
1000-2000 TS Regular
20001-3000 TS Spammer
3001-??? I have no life? :D

If anyone else can come up with some more titles in the same genre, it could be quite fun...

And maybe some other title for Forum Leaders...

Well fabulous. I just wrote my ranking system in it's entirety but lost the entire thing! Yay. Anyway I'll write another probably tonight, that one was too big and long anyway. It had like one rank for almost every 100 posts all the way up to like 4000 I think.

Back