4-4-4-12 ?-?-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterock

Hey all I just bought this ram http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146565 which I'm running in this MB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128059 along with an E6750 and a 8800GT It says it's supposed to run at 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2volts OK so whats this 4-4-4-12 timing thing anyway and how do I check to see what mines running at and how do I test the ram? I noticed on my windows type Bios it says my ram is running at 1.8 volts. Should I raise this to 2.2v or do I have to adjust the timing incojunction with the voltage? I don't think I want to overclock it, but just run it as it should. I do plan to overclock my cpu once the thrill of the new speed dies off. Do I have to have the bus speeds match?? Any help would be great. Thanks

If its running stable then i would keep it at what ever its running at,

The 4-4-4-12 is just the timing of the ram

It goes
CAS=4
TRCD=4
TRP=4
TRAS=12

it all depends on your ram.

Yea it's stable as of now but I've read that leaving it set on a voltage too low will cause it to have problems down the road. Isn't the 2.2v setting what the manufacture wants it to run at? Is there a web site or something to download or test ram I don't remember the name but some kind of program that tests it? Shouldn't it be set to same bus speeds for optimim performance? Please forgive me as I'm new to this.......but I want to learn Thanks

After you enter the BIOS on a Gigabyte board you either have to hit Alt+F1 or Ctrl+F1 to see the memory timings.

peterock said:
Yea it's stable as of now but I've read that leaving it set on a voltage too low will cause it to have problems down the road. Isn't the 2.2v setting what the manufacture wants it to run at? Is there a web site or something to download or test ram I don't remember the name but some kind of program that tests it? Shouldn't it be set to same bus speeds for optimim performance? Please forgive me as I'm new to this.......but I want to learn Thanks

That is somewhat true, And in that case i would just change the timings and voltages to the recomended settings.

What about the Bus I think I read in toms hardware somewhere that overclocking the cpu bus to 400mhz to match the rams bus or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back