4 Pin 12V atx connector to mobo isnt long enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

rv13uk

I have a hiper modular psu, and the asus A8N-Sli premium mobo, in the antec p180 case, for anyone who has a similar set up (or has just used that case in fact) has probably noticed getting the 12v 4 pin atx connector from the psu (in bottom left hand corner) to the ATX slot (in my case the top left hand corner), is kindof hard unless you have a rather long cable (espesically as with the case layout you have to slide it through pretty much the middle of the case). Anyway this wasnt really a problem for me until I bought a new sound card and the fact that the cable is tought across all my spare pci slots is suddenly rather annoying, basically I either need to extend the original cable, convert a molex into the 4pin 12v ATx cable, or buy a whole new cable thats a bit longer (as the PSU's modular). Feedback on how to do either of these (or which is best) would be greatly appreciated (even just a website to buy the parts from would be great as I can't find one anywere) as having a soundcard sitting on my desk is rather annoying, to think i could be fragging in surround sound :D

I'd go with an extenstion since all you need is a little more slack.

Found one at this UK site Maplin.co.uk
I don't know where you're posting from, but there's likely to be a retailer that has a similar item near you.

EDIT: Doh, just noticed they're out of stock.
Lots of extentions here: performance-pcs.com

Here is a website I've bought things from before. It's called Mycableshop.com and is in Canada and the USA but they will ship internationally if you can't find a source in the UK.

Extension Cable: Click here.
Molex Adapter: Click here.

It's your choice. If you have plenty of free molex connectors, the adapter is less expensive. If you would rather make use of your 4pin 12v ATX, the extension is the way to go. Personally, I prefer the extension.

The Pentium 4 12 Volt ATX Adapter Cable looks like it'd be the best option as I have quite a few molex extenders lying around, im just vaguely confused why an AMD (skt 939) motherboard would need a pentium 4 cable, as well as why it would need a 20+4 pin thing and an additional 4 pin, how much power dus that thing use :D. Also thanks for the quick reply its really appreciated cus I really want nice sound :giddy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back