4 sale thread

I like the idea Ace; we tried it before in the Old (UBB) Forum. But the 1st time there's a disagreement or someone feels ripped off....:eek:

Originally posted by uncleel
I like the idea Ace; we tried it before in the Old (UBB) Forum. But the 1st time there's a disagreement or someone feels ripped off....:eek:

It is always hard to do these sort of things over the net. Because you can't actually see the product, or talk about it physically, but I agree that it would be a wonderful idea if people didn't abuse it.

Originally posted by poertner_1274

It is always hard to do these sort of things over the net. Because you can't actually see the product, or talk about it physically, but I agree that it would be a wonderful idea if people didn't abuse it.
Agreed, but sooner or later someone will abuse the trust here, or even if there is a misunderstanding ie. the buyer has higher expections (realistic or not) for the product than what is delivered.

Heatwave does help though..I guess it is like a feedback system for non-ebay sellers. Anadtech does a pretty good job. I have bought and sold a couple things there with no issues.

I just remember it from the "old days", it didnt get much attention.

Just about every site has it.. Its good to trade through our community though... There are alot of people here that know each other, and it would be cool ! I for one have stuff for sale! hahah...

We need to get it rolling!
Ill make the first post!

Originally posted by ToRN
We have to make clear than that 3DS is taking no responsibility.

Good point, because that would suck for 3DS to get into a legal issue about something as small as a problem with the hardware sold on their site through this 4 Sale thread.

Ya, they cannot be held liable. Most sites explain that. Hey, it cant hurt to have it, if it doesn't work, we can always get rid of it

Originally posted by 3DS Crazyace
Ya, they cannot be held liable. Most sites explain that. Hey, it cant hurt to have it, if it doesn't work, we can always get rid of it
I guess it might be worth a shot, but..............

I still think there are more PROBELMS that will arise from it than actual help, or solutions in selling someones parts to their computer.

So in the end, if others like the idea, I say go for it, as I won't have anyting to sell, or anything that I will need to buy in the near future. I am just looking out for others.

I for one doubt I would make any use of such a forum.
Not solely for the fact that the postage costs incurred but also the distances that possibly fragile computing hardware would have to travel over (from US to UK, from Siam to Belgium etc..), the fact that the person who purchases the item may keep looking to you for support afterwards, or may break the item and claim that it was like that when he/she received it. I just don't think its worth the hassle for the benefits.

Previous discussion of this proposition in the old 3ds forum

Uhh, I know this isn't any of my business but isn't that what E-bay is for ?? Buying and selling things. I agree, what happens the first time someone gets burned, then they start posting bad stuff or something. Might be well enough to be left alone. Just a thought. thanks !

We were just debating on whether or not to have one. And the general concensus was that it would be more trouble than it was worth.

But since the #3dspotlight channel is an Unofficial one not associated with Julio and the Staff that might be a place to talk to people and see if they are interested...

Back