50 Years Later: The revolutionary 8008 microprocessor

Julio Franco

Staff member
Love old articles like this! I "grew up" in the days of vacuum tubes to transistors, to microprocessors.
Still miss the smell of solder, rosin, burned hair/skin making my own circuits.

Love old articles like this! I "grew up" in the days of vacuum tubes to transistors, to microprocessors.
Love those Air Force Electronic Lessons (y)

I miss the digit representing zero. It wasn't just a thinner O.

Wow, I love this article. I know probably not the thing that brings in the big bucks if you're a content producer, but oh my god I would love to see more like this.

@spydercanopus Don't know if you found it yet, but here is the link to the original article: http://www.righto.com/2016/12/die-photos-and-analysis-of_24.html

There are two photos of the die, in high resolution (5 & 6 meg. respectively). That's somewhere between 12" & 15" on the long side printing @ 300 DPI. Using Photoshop to upscale the images, you could easily generate files large enough for high quality poster sized prints.

I miss the days of the printed circuit board where you could take a soldering iron to make repairs (and seriously burn your fingers), but it's for the better.
What are you talking about? I do this regularly.

Back